Will Fabrik work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesWilliams

Hi,

I'm a noob looking to develop a simple user submission and rating site. Some of the following questions may be trivial but I need to know i'm moving in the right direction. I would like to know if the following is possible with Fabrik:

1. Simple content submission form that is searchable and is compatible with a content rating plugin.

- I'm a noob so I guess i'm unclear on the concept, but is content submitted through a fabrik form the same as the default 'submit content'? Can I display the fabrik form data using another content display component?

2. I would like to associate each post with a community builder profile. i.e. the user can edit the post and it counts in their profile the number of posts they have made.

- I know there is talk of a CB plugin throughout this forum. Is this simple feature (post count) available now? I'm using Fabrik 1.0.4, should I be using 2?

Thanks......

Hi James

1) Edit administrator/components/com_fabrik/configuration.php and change

Code:
$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '1';

to

Code:
$fbConf_alter_existing_db_cols = '0';

if it already isn't so. This will ensure that fabrik won't alter the structure of existing component database tables to match what it expects for each element type.

2) Create a fabrik table that links to jos_content database table, this table is where your site's content is stored. Creating a fabrik table from this will automatically create the required form, group and elements allowing you to edit and add content. These fields will need to be edited to match whatever your needs are.

3) for the content rating plugin I don't know you will have to try the above and see.

4) This is kinda currently out of the scope of fabrik, as the cb plugin is currently vapourware :) . please continue to use 1.0.4 , Fabrik 2.0 is in alpha and not ready for use on live sites.
At some point we will look at the cb plugin but not untill after the release of fabrik 2.0 beta

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back