Recent content by Mono

1. M

Javascript Clear elements

I have a form with a group and repeat group on it. I have a DBJ in one group and several fields in a repeat group. When the Database join changes I want to clear all fields in the repeat group. Using the element javascript and change event, then the predefined action of 'clear' and the...
  2. M

Custom CSS Repeat group

Thank you troester and startpoint for your help That was great Mono
  3. M

Custom CSS Repeat group

Hi The elements I wish to outline are horizontal, but I don't see anything wrong with having them vertical in columns.
  4. M

Custom CSS Repeat group

Hello I'm looking to put a border around 4 elements on a repeat group containing 10 elements. Can someone give me a pointer. Thanks
  5. M

Display hyperlink if validation fails

Thanks Bea Customers are not jusers. I can get my validation to prevent user from creating a duplicate join, but I can't get a nice easy way to lead the user to the existing joined record, so they can add another repeat group and enter the info there. I'm going to keep working away, I will...
  6. M

Hi Bea I looked at the things you said but I'm struggling to understand what I need to do. I set my DB Join element ACL to superuser on both add and edit. I set link to joined record to yes. When I edit an existing record , it works like you said and the DB Join just becomes a link to the...
  7. M

Hi Bea Thanks for your help the other day, my problem today is further from that. My validation is on a database join to check if a joined record has been entered. I think maybe a picture will explain more clearly my intention. When the user tries to add a new child record with a repeat group...
  8. M

Hi I have an database join element with a validation rule (isUnique). I have created a 'display element' hyperlink to edit the record selected that fails the validation. Is there a way to disable this element and enable it if the validation fails?
  9. M

Avoid duplicate entries

I'm not just sure what you mean, both tables have a primary key. I could validate on uniqueness, but still I could end up with 'almost' duplicate records. eg customer ______ _____operator 1 Pacific Rail___________1 Fred Smith 1 Pacific Rail ___________2 Frederick Smith If the user...
  10. M

Avoid duplicate entries

Hi I am using a database join to join two tables as a one to many. tables 'customer' & 'operator'. A customer can have many operators. I have an 'operators' form with a database join to customer id and a repeat group for operator details. Once a customer has had operator details entered, how...
  11. M

Database join, Cascading drop down, Add new

Thanks both of you. Cheesegrits your solution I have used and it works great. But marozen your answer is interesting and I'm going to look at it with regards to another problem. Thanks again Mono
  12. M

Database join with where clause

Thank you very much, it worked a treat !!
  13. M

Hi thanks Yes I'm using ID This is my where {thistable}.fk_makes = '{tbl_vehicles___dbj_manufacturera}' eval default is set to no ajax update is set to yes add option in front end is set to yes. enhanced dropdown is set to yes
  14. M

I have 3 tables Make, contains Names of makes Model, contains models relevant to Makes Vehicle, contains id from Make and Model When creating a new record in the table 'Vehicle' it is possible using a database join to select Make (works great) Then Model is ajax updated to only show models...
  15. M

Are Unique Validation Tip Text Placeholder

It didn't work. I wasn't talking about the tooltip in the element, rather the tip in the plugin. The tip displayed the placeholder itself ie: '{tbl_makes___manufacturer}' . The default tip displays the name of the 'additional comparison element' and that in my case is : 'The values for this...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back