Search results

1. M

Javascript Clear elements

I have a form with a group and repeat group on it. I have a DBJ in one group and several fields in a repeat group. When the Database join changes I want to clear all fields in the repeat group. Using the element javascript and change event, then the predefined action of 'clear' and the...
  2. M

Custom CSS Repeat group

Hello I'm looking to put a border around 4 elements on a repeat group containing 10 elements. Can someone give me a pointer. Thanks
  3. M

Display hyperlink if validation fails

Hi I have an database join element with a validation rule (isUnique). I have created a 'display element' hyperlink to edit the record selected that fails the validation. Is there a way to disable this element and enable it if the validation fails?
  4. M

Avoid duplicate entries

Hi I am using a database join to join two tables as a one to many. tables 'customer' & 'operator'. A customer can have many operators. I have an 'operators' form with a database join to customer id and a repeat group for operator details. Once a customer has had operator details entered, how...
  5. M

Database join with where clause

I have 3 tables Make, contains Names of makes Model, contains models relevant to Makes Vehicle, contains id from Make and Model When creating a new record in the table 'Vehicle' it is possible using a database join to select Make (works great) Then Model is ajax updated to only show models...
  6. M

Are Unique Validation Tip Text Placeholder

Hello Is it possible to use placeholders in the tip text for this plugin? I tried these '{tbl_makes___manufacturer}' & {tbl_makes___manufacturer} Thanks
  7. M

Tabs Pagination hide buttons and change tab heading

I have a form with tabs, there are 2 ways I'd like to change the appearance. Based on the value of an element in the parent tab I would like to change the label for the tab headings for the other tabs. I would also like to hide the record selector buttons eg start prev next end. I assume I...
  8. M

Add new repeat group with javascript

Hope someone can help me here. I am trying to open a form that has a repeat group, using js, that displays records already entered but also with a new empty set of elements. I thought that inserting a value into 1 of the elements in the next repeat group may work, but it doesn't seem to. The...
  9. M

Query in form_X javascript

Hope someone can put me straight, I'm learning all sorts of new stuff here. I understand that I can't query the database in Javascript, but I read that you can with jquery but I must admit it doesn't make sense to me and I can't find an example to learn from. What I'm thinking to do is run a...
  10. M

Rowid of new record

I understand that there is no rowid of a new record until it has been saved. In the past when needing this (MS Access) I have used a form to INSERT INTO a table, then grabbed the PK and opened the record just created. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have been reading up on...
  11. M

Javascript events

I hope this is a simple ask, but somehow I can't find the solution. In my form_X.js how do I test for events like, form load element change checkbox change Thanks Mono
  12. M

Element Javascript....function

Is it possible to invoke a function in a js file from the Element Javascript page in Fabrik? I have 4 check boxes that onclick invoke the function with different parameters. I think it would save having the code entered 4 times in the element javascript box. Thanks
  13. M

Repeat group check box 'make all data same'

I'm not sure the title explains this well, but how do you place a check box (or other control) to make the data entered in one field in a repeat group be repeated on all? Thank you :)
  14. M

Element Javascript

I have looked through the forum and I think this should work. Can someone tell me why it doesn't, please... https://ibb.co/kbLHXq
  15. M

Form Javascript wiki

I've been reading this in the wiki http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/form-javascript/ But I can't find where these 2 settings are? "The edit the repeating group in Fabrik's admin and in the 'Javascript to run when repeat group added' and 'Javascript to run when repeat group removed'...
  16. M

Child repeating form default value

I have a parent form with a repeatable child form. I would like to have a field 'axle_number' with the default value of 1, when user clicks [+] I would like the next copy of the form to contain 2 and so on. if ($data == '') {return 1; } else { return '{tbl_axle_details___axle_number}' + 1; }...
  17. M

Button to open iframe with set value

I am finding this challenging but I'm learning everything as I go. I have a button (New Model) on a form (Vehicle), when its clicked I want to open my "New Model form", with the "Make" dropdown already populated with the raw data from the (tbl_vehicle___fk) dropdown on the form (Vehicle). I...
  18. M

Set value of radio button element using JS

I'm struggling a bit here, but had fantastic help here before so I thought I'd ask again. I want to set the value of one set of radio buttons based on the selection in another. Thanks
  19. M

Validation change based on element value

Not sure of the best way to do this, but I have an element that is validated as required, driving_licence_no But if the person is aged >17 I need it to not be required. Any pointers are much appreciated thanks
  20. M

Database join, Cascading drop down, Add new

Hello I'm a newbie to Joomla and Fabrik but trying my hand to see how it worksI want to persevere because Fabrik seems great. I have been struggling for a few days now with what I expect is a simple problem. I have three tables relating to vehicles 'Tbl_make', 'Tbl_model'...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back