About enabling and disabling plugins

JackGoa

Hi,

Would it hurt to disable all the Fabrik plugins on a site that I don't seem to be using? It's tricky as I am not 100% sure which ones can safely be disabled?

The reason I'm asking is just all for the sake of optimising and making my site faster. Also of course, speeding up the update process when I have to use the Joomla Updater.

But a disable won't speed up updates:
ALL is updated, even the non-installed plugins.
So to clean up completely (after a backup!) you should uninstall plugins not used AND remove the folders in /plugins/fabrik_xyz of plugins which are not installed; they are there (ready for discover/install) if you did a GitHub update.

Oki, I've noticed the latest releases of Fabrik has less plugins with the installation package and I noticed updating those through Joomla is a breeze, but the older sites with more plugins is obviously a slow process. So if I understand you right, disabling them will still give me that long list of plugins to update and won't make a difference?

As for the speed thing, I just want to disable stuff like the calendar and all that when I don't use it on a site as it's unnecessary code loading in the background slowing things down. Google is so damn anal about speed.

I don't think (resp. I hope;)) that there's no code loading of plugins you don't use in your list/forms/viz actually showing up.
You can run e.g. Chrome's "Audits" to find the bottlenecks.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back