autofill plugin

gapper

Hi,
the autofill plugin is only in 2.1.1 version. Why is it not in 3.0.7?
Can I use this element for 2.1.1 in 3.0.7 version without problems?

Does it exist in 3.0.7? The wiki shows it also for Fabrik 3.0.x. Please, could you include it in order to dowload it from Download area?

We're working on improving the number of plugins in the download area. In the mean time, if you grab the files from github - ftp them to your site and use Joomla's extension discover process you should see it and be able to install it.

-Rob

Thanks.
When the website will be online, I will be able to follow the procedure shown for gitbub in wiki through snapshots. At the moment I am working offline and the procedure (explained with words, not images) to follow with filezilla is not easy to understand for me.
Thanks again for working on improving the number of plugins in the download area.

well the process is hte same offline, just instead of ftpinig files you copy them into the folder which contains your site's files.

Hi,
I have updated the plugin.
I would like to let appear automatically the content of a field (of a form) into the field (of a different table) because the user is the same for both of them. So I have to use the autofill plugin.
I have created a database join element following the procedure of the tutorial. In my case, the database join element should be hidden, so the user could not select the user (like the tutorial procedure).
How can I use the autofill plugin and let appear the field automatically because the user filling the form is the same who filled another form and the database join element is hidden?

I did different attempts without using the database join element, but I yet can't see appearing automatically the field.
The map data field is blank in my attempts done until now.
The data used in my attempts carried out until now are:
Field to observe: I changed it in the hope to let appear the automatically the field
Autofill on load: Yes
Confirm: No
Trigger: always nothing

I have seen that the tutorial does an example with database join element and the wiki does not use the database join element. So I have thought it is not necessary and I haven't used it.
What I would need is to copy the field: Email (which is into the form: Contact) into the field: Email (which is into the form: Sell a lesson) through the Autofill plugin. So when a teacher fills the Sell a lesson form, he can see his email without typing it.

The forms structure is: user element and Email field for the Contact form and user element and Email field for the Sell a lesson form.
At the end of each of my attempt, after filling the Email field in Contact form (and pressing the Save button), the Email field of Sell a lesson form is blank.

I have used the user element either as lookup field and as field to observe, but it seems not working.
Do you mean that? Please can you specify how to use the user element?

Sorry, please can you answer?

As I have said on several occasions, we really can't support you on this project. We spent 6 hours with you, going through your project requirements, after you took out your Pro subscription. We explained that your project was beyond Fabrik's scope and features, and beyond your skill level to implement, even with a lot of help from us. We refunded your Pro subscription, and made it clear we simply could not support you.

So I am at a loss as to why you are going ahead with this project, with Standard support, when we made it clear we couldn't help you with it, even at the Pro level of support.

If you need a refund of your Standard subscription, let me know, I'll be happy to oblige.

If volunteers like Troester are willing to help, that's great. But the "official" Fabrik staff (Rob and myself) simply cannot do it.

-- hugh

I understand you if you cannot answer to me because I posted more than 200 times, so if you are not going to answer to my posts, I understand well.
About my project, I had understood that the parts not covered by fabrik are my threads about the automatic calculus (http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/code-for-calc-element.34243/page-2#post-174489) and the thread about the validation (http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/isgreaterorlessthan.34764/#post-174490).
I won't ask a refund for the standard support because it is not right and then because I need fabrik support because it is likely to be the most powerful extension for joomla users. In future I think to subscribe the pro sub (I really don't know when it will be possible) and it will be a way to pay a part of six hours you spent for me.
The reason I keep on doing my website is that when I learn a thing useful for it, I learn something very useful for other people too, not only for me.

The last two threads I would need to solve are this one and "how to be informed through mails".In order to answer to a question in "how to be informed through mails" thread, I need to solve autofill.

About this thread, please can you specify how can I use the user element in order to display the mail (post #12)?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back