Backup PDF reports

deant

Hello to all,

I know it is not Fabrik but anyway maybe someone cuold help me or poitnig me in right direction.

What I like/need is to store pdf report somewher on server when user click to print or download report. Can be don inside Joomla/Fabrik or is there Joomla plugin to do that?

Thanks

Last edited:
I use mPDF for that. I have a .php file which loads all the needed mPDF stuff and then get's the file content from Joomla article where I have the layout and some data with Fabrik content plugin and from Mysql queries (within) Sourcerer plugin.

I also use mPDF but my case is a little different. I don't use articles and Fabrik content plugin. And I call my pdf reports from table using custom detail link and open report in a new window. So user don't need to reopen a form and print report.

Here is another thing...I like to store a copy of .pdf witch is printed or downloaded. I don't need copy of report if is just open in a window for some reason.
I thing I need to look and watch print/download buttons in crome (we strictly using crome) and attach my script to those two buttons...right? Can we do that?
or
at the end of pdf creation add custom confirmation script/code to ask a user if he want to store a copy. This is a kind of half way solution. User may confirm to store a pdf in storage but then he can close a window without print/download report. Q: Can we trust a user? A: No. So not so good idea.

You should be able to catch the print dialog open event, but probably not whether the Print or Cancel button was clicked.

I suggest you think through the whole logic of your process as the above described doesn’t seem to make much sense. You cannot control user actions on saving the pdf. Even if you could get the information that user clicked Print button, you cannot control what happens next - does the user has some pdf-printer selected and he clicks Cancel after the file save prompt, regular printer is out of paper etc.

Last edited:
You are right...my logic doesn't make much sense, Even MS Word or other sofisticated programs doesn't make buckups automatically.

I'll put somewhere a button Copy to Storage and thats it...OK and some other things behind like file name, tags, etc.

Thx

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back