Bug report: Total record/ pagenumber issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaid2

Total record shows wrong total when using joined tables and have the "Merge this records into one row" turn on. It just show the real total records witch most often are way to high.

The page numbers also has same corresponding problem.

yup its a known issue, which is just damn difficult to accurately fix. I'll have another stab at fixing it today.

Ok I've tried fixing this in the SVN, if you wouldn't mind checking it out and letting me know if you spot any issues that would be great.

Hugh if you read this, when the 'merge join data' option is turned on, I've implemented what we discussed regarding building a list of the main table's ids and then filtering the main query's data on those ids rather than using limit x, y as we were doing before.

Rob, yup, I saw the commit. Been doing a lot of testing today to make sure those changes don't fubar anything else, so far it looks good.

BTW, I noticed a logic problem a few weeks ago with the way I originally implemented the merging. Basically, it ignores repeated data, i.e. data which is the same as the first row in the set of rows being merged.

This is a Bad Thing. For instance, if you have an element's set of joined data which was:

England
France
England
Germany
Italy

... after merging, it'll be ...

England
France
Germany
Italy

I don't know wtf I was thinking when I wrote that code. Anyway, we need to rethink the logic for how we actually merge the data down, probably by comparing the foreign key on the related data to the selected 'from element' param on the parent's join data.

My only excuse is I wrote that WiP merging coding back in 1.0.x days when I was MUCH less familiar with Fabrik than I am now!

-- hugh

Of course, what we should REALLY do is implement our concept of 'nested tables', probably generated via AJAX, which can be collapsed and inflated with some cute icon, but that's a 2.1 Thing.

However, the "WHERE id IN ()" change is a HUGE step forward to achieving better handling of joined row display.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back