Cannot update records

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently using the beta release of Fabrik 3.0.5.2 and i am able up update records using the edit records "or use field" set to "User".

When i update to version 3.0.6.3 it will not allow me to update records. i Just updated to 3.0.6.3-514 and it still will not give me the uption to update records.

i need the ability for a user to only be allowed to update their records.

Help!!
Bob

It should do.
Did you clear all Joomla and browser cache after updating from GitHub?

i understand that it should, but it does Not. it works before the update and stops with "any" update. Just tried it on a computer that had not accessed the site before to check the cache. it still does not work. it could be a bad setting, but as i said it worked before the update.

What are the settings of your "User" element?

What do you mean with "it will not allow me to update records":
you can't see the "edit" icon but only the "View" icon?
or
you see the edit icon and get the form, but it's not saving?

User Element
Details---
id:44
Name:userid
Label:User
Group:Club Details
Plug-in:user
Options---
Hidden:Yes
User Data: User Name
Update on Edit:no
Update on Copy:no
Use Social Profile:no
Label of 'please..':blank
Publishing---
Add to page title:no
Access---
Editable:Special
Viewable:Special
Encripted data:no
------------------------------------
Cannot see edit icon
Now showes check box (view?), Did not before update.

What do you see if you check the checkbox?
To see the icons directly set "render buttons as"=inline (in list settings "Links" or global in fabrik options "Lists").

When i hover it showes a view icon

when i change it from use global to inline (in links) the check box disappears, and changes to a blank, narrow, column.

Strange.
In any case set your user element to viewable=public (you can set it to "hidden" to hide in form/details view and to "not to show is list", but it must be viewable (=readable) if you want to use it for edit access)

Ok that changed some things. Still no Edit icon, but i now there is an ability to save changes in detail form, not available before change.

i had updated Fabrik to 3.0.6.3-514. after the fix of setting user to viewable and it working, i restored the site to before update and updated fabrik to 3.0.6.3 with the joomla automatic update system. i then made the viewable=public and all works fine with edit icon viewing.

Thankyou for all of your help, you can close this issue
Bob

You can close it yourself with "Thread tools" above.

You should not mix automatic Joomla update with GitHub update (if don't do the "Post_Github_Update_Steps" this will create a version missmatch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back