Can't add more than one record in lists

JoanS

Hello,

I made a couple lists with fabrik and I just found out I can't add more records in database. The lists allow only one record (per list, both in front-end and back-end) but I need more than that. I can't figure out what's wrong; is there something specific I need to do? I haven't restricted the records a user can add.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated!

PS: Hugh and Rob, you're doing a wonderful job with the assistance and the tutorials! You've helped a lot. Thank you so much!!!

Yes, I'm afraid it is. And I haven't used any pre-filters or plugins. Everything is set by default. I've only set the viewing access levels.

What do you mean with "can't add":
You don't see an "Add" button -> what are your list settings in "Access", in "Details/Links"...?
or
You are trying to add but get an error message ->which one?

The list can be filled by the Registered users. As you can see in the first picture, I have filled the List with the Teacher1 user and the results are in the database tab. Underneath that, there is on the left handside the back-end where there's no "Add" button and in the right handside there is the front-end, where I am signed in as Teacher2 trying to fill out the form. Both of the users are "Registered" (I haven't altered their Joomla Permissions) and should have been able to fill out the form. Now, if I delete the database entry the Teacher2 is able to fill out the form.

Just like that. No errors. I am simply allowed only one entry per list. The other list is meant to be filled from the School Principal who is "Special" and not "Registered".

You can have a look of the details of the first list (the one with the Registered users) in the second picture; it's the one I need to allow multiple entries and I am currently most worried about.

Do you see anything weird?

Attachments

• fabrik.png
    fabrik.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 174
  • fabrik2.png
    fabrik2.png
    190.5 KB · Views: 149
You've set "Show add"=no in list Details/Links so you won't see it.
Additionally you don't have a primary key selected, so you can't add.
You should get an error message if you set your Joomla error reporting to max (which should be done always during dev phase)

Alright. I've set the "Show Add" to "yes" but it didn't make a difference.

I can't add a primary key. There are no options in the dropdown menu. There is only one option and that is the dash. But I did look in the table to see if there's a PK. It seems that when I created the teacher_user field with fabrik's user element it was automatically set to PK within the database. So in the fab_quiz table there is a PK as you can see in the picture.

The auto-increment field is the id, which is unique.

The error I'm getting when I log in with the Teacher2 account is about the calc elements I've used. It says "An error has occurred with a eval'd field - please inform the web-site owner. Debug: Eval exception : Calc_11::_getV() : return {fab_quiz___knowit_11a_raw}; : syntax error, unexpected '{'" and it's the same for every calc element instance I've used. The same errors apeared when I logged in with Teacher1. But the calc elements are working properly. They are calculating everything correctly...

Attachments

• fabrik3.png
    fabrik3.png
    803.1 KB · Views: 162
You MUST have a primary key set.
If you have created the list via Fabrik it should have created an element "id", type "internal id" automatically.
Did you unpublish this id element?

Yes, there is an id internal element and no, it isn't unpublished. I just don't show it in list.
Now that you mention it, I was trying to get rid of that and the datetime one that were created automatically but I think I only deleted the datetime. Should there be an internal id in each group?

Pretty sure you have mixed up something in the Fabrik list structure if it doesn't show in the list's PK dropdown.

And no, PK/internalId is once in a DB table/Fabrik list

I've had a rough time with the duplicates fabrik produced. So it is possible that I messed up with the structure. But I can't make it from scratch again; there are far too many elements. Is there any other way to fix this?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back