CDD selected options not showing for user

thellie

Riddle me this.

The selected options in the back end are showing for the admin, but in the front end (for the registered user/owner of the form), the selections show momentarily on load, then disappear.

The element is a CDD, the type is checkbox. The CDD is showing the correct list of options, and when the form is submitted, the selected options are input into the user's record.

I've checked access for the user, and everything seems okay - set at registered.

Once the form loads, and briefly shows the selected options in the checkbox list, something is run/processed - I can't find anything that would be, aside from the CDD itself(?) I haven't got the element validated anywhere, or involved in a php plugin task... allegedly.

Would there be another reason this is happening, or is it in the above, and I've missed something glaringly obvious?

...again.

Do the options show in frontend if logged in as admin?

the selections show momentarily on load, then disappear.
Sounds like a JS issue, so maybe your Joomla template.

@thellie - I'd have to look at your page to figure that one out. CDD's do an AJAX update on load, so it'll probably be something to do with the way the JS is getting the watched element value.

However ... we've been answering a lot of your questions recently, and I really can't do "hands on" support for free in Community. So if you'd like to take out a paid sub, I'll take a look.

-- hugh

Hi, yeah I know and it's done out of hope, not expectation - I do put them up for anyone to answer. As I said before, I work with a small NGO in Thailand and I can't afford to pay for a sub unfortunately. The good news is the website is nearly finished :p

I hadn't thought about logging in as admin - I have now and the selections show, so it must be access I guess. I'll back through everything to see what I've missed.

...and hopefully it goes without saying that I really appreciate all the help.

I took a very welcome 5 days off away from the webwork, building a wall... came back, and found the issue within (literally) 5 minutes.

It was an order plugin in the once-removed list which was being referenced by the CDD.

Feeling re-energised, and ready to tackle my nemesis... Javascript :eek:

EDIT ------------
Nope... it still doesn't work. Back to square one.
-------------------

Last edited:
Just keeping a running commentary...

I've gone back and looked at the menu I made - it uses -1 and user_id to pull the user's form. Works properly, apart from this specific problem.

But I also created a list menu, pre-filtered to pull {$my->id} records. Clicking on the edit button, to go into the form - no problem occurs. The form loads, and the post-load processing which hides the checkbox values doesn't happen.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back