Checkbox Separated from Label

billandre

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I thought I would report it here.

I have an element with a LOT of checkboxes (maybe 30). I have it setup to display the checkbox first and then the label. When I view the element in a form there are several times that a checkbox appears at the end of a line and the label that goes with that checkbox is wrapped to the next line. It would be nice to have them one unit so that if they needed to wrap to the next line, they would go together.

I'm working on cleaning up the checkbox display a little, I'll see what I can do about this.

I've started by providing a "checkboxes per line" option in the most recent SVN rev, which might help you in the short term.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh,

I have just downloaded and installed the SVN installer that you recommended (Tortoise). I am now going to make my first attempt at using it.

Hows it going with that?

FYI, the new checkbox and radio button "options per row" stuff seems to work nicely.

Let me know if you need help with getting SVN'ed.

-- hugh

Hi again Hugh,

The SVN process is working very well. I have been going in and updating my files a few times a week. I probably should be doing the same thing with some other extensions I have.

The new "options per row" is working perfectly in my forms. It doesn't seem to have any effect when I display the information in a Table View.

Ah, I hadn't thought about checkbox / radio values in a table.

Is this important to you? If so, I'll look at tweaking that code as well.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Here is what I am doing with the table. When consultants come to my site they can enter their experience and contact information in a form. Then I have set up a table that shows a small portion of the consultants information (name, location, and Job Type). The general public has access to this information (table) but in order to see all of the consultant's information you must be a registered member. The way I have it setup, if you are logged in, you click on the consultant's name in the table and it takes you to the form that the consultant filled out with all of their information.

When the consultant fills out the form, they can pick from about a dozen checkboxes in the form for Job Type. When that element is displayed in the table, if a consultant has checked lots of boxes, the Job Type column takes up most of the table.

I only went into a detailed description of how I am doing this in case I am not doing it correctly and you can tell me how to do it better.

Thanks

You are doing everything correctly. Fabrik just automically formats those checkbox values as a horizontal row in a table. I need to modify the code to use the new 'options_per_row' parameter.

-- hugh

Hey hugh, was this ever addressed in 2.0? I know this was some time ago (and a different version), but I have come across the same issue now: many check boxes (17) that appear in a vertical list in my Table, when I would like them to be horizontal..
Please let me know!
Cheers,
Cass

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back