Class 'JPaginationObject' not found using bootstrap template

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
I am in the process of testing my J2.5 site with a bootstrap template as part of my migration to J3. Using the current github when I attempt to view a list in the front end using the new template I get this error. The complete error is:

Fatal error: Class 'JPaginationObject' not found in /home4/algclub/public_html/components/com_fabrik/helpers/pagination.php on line 380

The list displays fine using my previous not-bootstrap template. I have 2 menu links, each using different templates so I can switch between them quite freely.

I assume this is a template issue, but not sure where to start looking. Perhaps Rob or Hugh or one of the other fabrik wizards could offer me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I spent some time with the developer of the bootstrap template. They confirmed the problem occurs but claim it is a fabrik issue. Here is what they said:

it is their bug

the issue is that they used Jpagination class from j3.x to extend
in joomla 2.5 Jpagination or pagination.php also has the JPaginationObject

see
ibraries\joomla\html\pagination.php line 703

Screenshot by Lightshot

in joomla 3.x JPaginationObject was moved to its own file

Screenshot by Lightshot

moving the JPaginationObject class to their override fixes this issue

Screenshot by Lightshot

but leaves few notices from their default install on j.2.5.24

Screenshot by Lightshot

you can get the attached file pagination.php and replace the one in

components\com_fabrik\helpers folder

I was right about jimport('cms.pagination.object'); but was thinking you on 3.x

Here is the link to the discussion: www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/showthread.php?p=59331

I can't say anything to this discussion but I don't see any issue/notice/warning with
Joomla2.5.24
Fabrik3.2 + GitHub
Protostar bootstrap template from Joomla

OK. Difference on my end is Fabrik 3.0.5 and current github. I understood fabrik 3.2 was for J3?

Ah, I thought you were running Fabrik3.2 on J!2.5 because you are mentioning migration (you can run Fabrik3.2 on J!2.5 but I won't recommend it).

But the same with
J!2.5.24, Fabrik3.0.9 + GitHub (joomla25 branch) + Joomla's Protostar bootstrap template:
no warning/notice/issue

Yes, with this template I get the error, too.

But it is ok with Protostar, it's ok with T3...
So the problem seems to me Eximium and not Fabrik.

Problems also if installing on J!3.3.3 (Fabrik3.2): no fatal error but the template doesn't play with Fabrik at all, breaking all JS, date picker...

Thanks Troester but the developer at Youjoomla disagrees. Please see his comments linked to the forum I posted above.

Hugh or Rob, can one of you jump in here and review and possibly discuss directly with Neo?

there is not Protostar for Joomla 2.5
Screenshot by Lightshot

so that tells me that it was not tested as I advised
It's no problem at all to install Protostar on J!2.5 to have a bootstrap template, this is what I've done and it is working without any issue (as it does T3, Gantry...).

Thanks Troester. As you pointed out more issues are going to occur with J3 and I really cannot afford the time to work through them so I have decided to abandon this template. It is too bad because I really liked it. At present I am working with T3 and it looks like it should work for me.

Hello everyone , this is Dan from Youjoomla and we would like to see this being fixed on either side .
Can we get some Farbik developer to look at the issue mentioned.

What we found is that you extended JPagination class which was copied from 3.x install and used in your extension version for joomla 2.5.x
That file is missing JPaginationObject which when added is not causing errors anymore.
In 2.5.x JPagination and JPaginationObject were located in same file
they were moved to separate files in 3.x

Notice that this issue is only on 2.5.x install and NOT on 3.x

Further more there was an issue with require.js which we fixed by moving your script after our js files .
I was not able to find any other issues so testers please use the fix for js issues that we offered here
youjoomla.com/joomla_support/eximium/13050-class-jpaginationobject-not-found-2.html#post59326

and fix for JPaginationObject here

youjoomla.com/joomla_support/eximium/13050-class-jpaginationobject-not-found-2.html#post59330

Hey Danyj. I'm one of the Fabrik authors, so you've now gotten our attention. :)

Playing catch up ... registering on your forum so I can grab that ZIP ... will respond again in a little while.

-- hugh

OK, well I'm not quite sure what's going on, but that isn't the fix. May work in the YJ template, but blows up in any other template, attempting to redefine the jPaginationObject class. We're not overriding JPagination, we're extending it, so jPaginationObject should already be there.

Installing Extimium so I can get a better look at what's going on.

-- hugh

Found it , our override of Jpagination class was picking up the JPaginationObject renaming it to YjsgJPaginationDefaultObject and made it available for our extend but killing it for yours,
we changed the str_replace to preg_replace to match only the one instance of class JPagination for our extend file and leaving JPaginationObject in tact. This way we all can play nice

Yeah, I'd kind of come to a similar conclusion, whereby you are actually overriding JPagination, not extending it. And you aren't including JPaginationObject in your override file. But I hadn't gotten as far as picking up where you renamed it.

OK, cool, glad we got that sorted. Thanks for the work on this one, and the fix.

-- hugh

This is all very good news. Thanks to both companies for working together to resolve this. T3 seems OK but I do like a lot of what YJSG has done with their framework and would prefer to go back to them.

Troester. do you think you can take another look at what broke when you tested on J3? Perhaps these issues can be resolved as easily?

I'm sure with us and danyj working on it, we could resolve any issues. Although it sure would be nice if you took out a paid sub, if we're going to go the extra mile on this one. ;)

-- hugh

there was nothing broken on 3x, it was the js fix I provided and I dont see a problem with calendars
http://prntscr.com/4mq2ve
there are minor css differences but YJSG Eximium also has disable Bootstrap option and so far I see Fabrik does also so you can
adjust those easily.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back