Condition in redirect form plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren

Hello all.
I have many menus items that filter different ways to the same list. I then have in all of these filtered lists the same article that displays a few different forms and a sub-list within an accordion. I then have a redirect form plugin related to each of these forms that brings the user back to the list after clicking on any of the save / submit buttons. This is great; but I really need the redirect plugin to bring the user back to the last filtered list they came from. I'm trying to avoid making more copies of this article, as I see myself adding more & more menu items filtering the same list. I tried putting {where_i_came_from} in the target; but it doesn't work, probably because of it being a form in an article using the content plugin. So, now I'm thinking that the solution may be many copies of the redirect form plugin with slightly different conditions; but I'm not sure how to pull this off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Without any redirect plugin it should redirect to {where_i_came_from}. Doesn't it do this?

Hi Troester.
No, it doesn't. It would just save and the stay on the same page. That's why I added the redirect plugin. As mentioned, it's probably because of me having forms within an article, via content plugin placeholders, I assume.
I started thinking about maybe trying to set a session variable of the selected menu id and then using it in the condition somehow. I figured I'd ask for help first, in case I'm over thinking this...
Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back