Could not connect to SQL

archerynsw

I have a working Joomla site and had a working Fabrik extension.
Fabrick recently stopped working and all tabs return:
"500 - An error has occurred.Could not connect to MySQL. Could not connect to MySQL. Could not connect to MySQL."
Checked the fabrik connections table and default connection is correct.
Reinstalled (3.0.8) - no change.
Run out of ideas so appreciate any help.

When you say "Checked the fabrik connections", did you opened it and re-saved it with the correct connexion data?

And the rest of the Joomla site works fine?
Can you post a screenshot of your Fabrik connexion settings?

Yes all of Joomla works fine. Fabrik connection is exactly as the Joomla configuration.php.
Sorry screenshot not possible.

Did you "test" the connection?
Is it the original default connection (ID=1) or did you add/edit/delete fabrik connections?

In the computer world, nothing stops working with no reason. What happened when it stopped working: update joomla? Fabrik? the server? ...?

Also sometimes the cache can be tricky: be sure to empty all caches: Joomla's, the browser's.
For Joomla, if you use the PHP cache instead of the file, it gets sometimes hard to clear.

Finally, check in the database if the data are what they are supposed to be in the #_fabrik_connections table.

OK, with debug turned on;

Could not connect to MySQL. Could not connect to MySQL. Could not connect to MySQL.
Call stack
#FunctionLocation
1 JAdministrator->dispatch() JROOT/administrator/index.php:46
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/administrator/includes/application.php:153
3 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:351
4 require_once() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:383
5 JController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.php:64
6 FabrikController->display() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:761
7 JController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/controller.php:39
8 FabrikViewLists->display() JROOT/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:722
9 JError::raiseError() JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/lists/view.html.php:76
10 JError::raise() JROOT/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

Did anyone ever find a solution for this? I get the same issue with MySQLi, Joomla 3.2.3 PHP5.4.16 Fabrik 3.1rc2 When I switch to MySQL Fabrik works but when using MySQLi "Unable to connect to database"

With J!3.2.3 you should run Fabrik3.1 + the latest GitHub update.
(But I don't know if this will help with your issue).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back