Couple of Noob Questions...

mrgreg

Hello All,
New to Fabrik (a convert from another product) and have run into a couple of head scratchers (though couldn't be happier). Both may be more related to Joomla, but alas, here I am.

1. I have been calling my forms inline via:

$document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$renderer = $document->loadRenderer('modules');
$options = array('style'=>'raw');
echo $renderer->render('VenueAtts',$options,null);

Where 'VenueAtts' is a Joomla module with a custom location.
So far this morning I have been limited by the module settings themselves.
Is anyone familiar enough with Joomla and Fabrik to know if it is possible to pass other Fabrik parameters using this method?

2. I have been identifying the recipient of the form actions via the id contained in the extension URL:

index.php?option=com_jem&view=venue&id=54&Itemid=635

Where (for example) 54 is my identifier for this particular venue.
Method:
$venueid = JRequest::getVar('id');
Query:
... AND jos_jem_ven_cats_relations.itemid = $venueid";

It is not obvious to me where this will fit in building my databasejoin. Perhaps I have been doing it awkwardly all along.

Thank you in advance!

Where do you use a Fabrik form?

Do you know that there's a Fabrik form module and that you can include Fabrik forms via Fabrik content plugin into a custom HTML module?

BTW: JRequest is deprecated

Thanks t.

I'm using Fabrik to extend the capabilities of another form in another component so neither of those options work for me. Trying to stay seamless.
Calling it through a menu item 'normally' actually renders better, so perhaps I need to travel down that path instead of the module manager > component path.

I was not aware that JRequest was deprecated. However, since I currently can't get anything to pass through as a 'field' type I will tackle that first. When it first failed for me I switched to using one of the site examples to no avail.

Another blonde moment...
The module I was linking to was a 'form' module and not a 'list' module. Derp!

Sometimes you just need to see your own foley plastered on the internet for the whole to see...

And then I discovered a malformed URL. Oy!
But alas, another new trick...

$jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input;

preg_match('/-?[0-9]+/', $jinput->get('id'), $matches);
$venueid = @ (int) $matches[0];
return $venueid;

A real coder pointed out that my over complicated solution would be better this way- so I am sharing the revision to the method.
$jinput = JFactory::getApplication()->input;
$venueid = $jinput->getInt('id', 0);
return $venueid;

Not sure if it is relevant or of any interest, but here is where I have landed in this (right or wrong).
The ultimate goal being to extend the capabilities of another extension in such a way that it was seamless, and required as little modifying to the other extension core as possible. Standard methods of calling Fabrik were not options.

1. Created a new module- 'custom html' and included Fabrik in the normal way
{fabrik view=list id=1 fab_ven_atts___venueid=[id]}
2. Assigned new module in the module manager in a custom position (VenueAtts).

3. Inserted code calling module in the desired position of the existing extension.
<?php
$document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$renderer = $document->loadRenderer('modules');
echo $renderer->render('VenueAtts');
?>
Where VenueAtts is the new custom html module in the new custom position.

With the little bit of additional sourcery any of the many individual client pages launches with its own row and controls for presentation (public) and front end mods (ACL).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back