CSV and Excel

JcAndres

Hi.

this problem isn't of fabrik but maybe you know how fix.

i have a table with a text area element. This text area have text with carriage return (or line break, i dont know what is his name).

Example:

Code:
La vida es bella cuando MS sigue estandares.

La Vida no es bella cuando MS olvida los standares

Bye

when I import the csv to excel 2003 (I have not dealt with other versions) all the texts that are after a break line, appear on other cells. I tried to generate the CSV with PhpMyAdmin and all options that have (Csv for Exel, csv normal, etc) and the problem continues to present. I tried to import to other software kate, gedit, kwrite, etc. and also have the problem

The only software that displays correctly that field or element, is openoffice.

Two images attached. The first with the error and the other showing the data without problems in openoffice.

Any suggestion?? ... Thanks for ur help.

Attachments

• ErrorCSV.JPG
    ErrorCSV.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 200
  • OkCSV.jpg
    OkCSV.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 186
Just out of interest, can you try re-exporting from openoffice, and see if Excel then loads it? If it does, see if you can see any obvious differences between the raw .csv formatting in our file and openoffice's file.

As far as I can tell, we do everything the CSV "standard" (there is no real standard, just common practices), as per:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values

Which says "Fields with embedded line breaks must be delimited by double-quote characters". Which we do.

-- hugh

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back