CSV Export File Missing List Name

reidwalley

The CSV "File name" field popup instructions reads: "Leave blank to use List Name." (List > Publishing > CSV > File Name field). But leaving the field blank does not work. When I Export to CSV file from the front-end, the file name reads: dbprefix_users-export.csv. But it should be "Report - Renewals", which is the name of the List.

When I add "Report - Renewals" to the "File name" field, then the exported CSV file no longer has the .csv suffix, it's just "Report - Renewals", and doesn't open with any column structure.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 4.13.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 4.13.26 AM.png
    348.6 KB · Views: 159
"List Name" is the database table name (not the list label).
Add your filename including the extension (e.g. Report-Renewals.csv)
and doesn't open with any column structure.
This depends totally on the program you are using to open the file. Also without an extension it still has the csv (or - depending on your export settings - excel) structur. Selecting a program like OpenOffice or Excel will show the columns.

Thanks so much. It was your example of adding the "dash" between "Report" and "Renewals" that worked: Report-Renewals.csv

Question: Can the CSV File Name "Report-Renewals.csv" field include dynamic names from a drop-down filter on an Element?

On my Chapters element, I have multiple Chapters listed in a down-down filter. Would it be possible to get the following CSV File Name? Report-Renewals%Chapter-name%.csv

Not as-is, no.

I'd have to do what I did for PDF file names, and move that code out into a layout, so it can be overridden.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Back