display AND filter multiple lists simultaneously in a single page?

batonac

I'd like to display multiple lists in a single page. I understand this is not difficult using the fabrik plugin.

More difficult (I imagine) is to setup a single set of filters to control both lists simultaneously (both lists have same columns, but different data). Is this even possible with fabrik? How can it be done?

This should be possible with an additional search form with redirect plugin:
search form: elements to fetch your filter values
redirect plugin: redirecting to this article, something like
index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=X&Itemid=Y&param1={___filterelement1}&param2={___filterelement2}

Article:
{fabrik view=form id=searchformID}
{fabrik view=list id=list1ID table1___element1-to-filter=[param1] table1___element2-to-filter=[param2] }
{fabrik view=list id=list2ID table2___element1-to-filter=[param1] table2___element2-to-filter=[param2] }

Thanks for getting back so quickly troester. Very cool solution indeed!

Now, what if I'd like to split the filters, placing some above the page and others in a side bar? Is this possible?

Are you talking about putting the filtered lists in different places, or different 'filter forms' in different places?

Either way, you'd probably need to use a module plugin (either the list or the form). And if the latter, you'd need to create multiple search forms, with whatever names and values you need in each. But you'd only be able to submit the values from one of them at any one time, without some custom JS to grab the values from one form and submit them with the other.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back