display and save different form for each option of a databasejoin element.

wagner.nardin

Hello.

I want to display different forms for each option of a databasejoin element.

I also want to save the data of each form in its specific table.

for example:

I created a list for registering contacts with a databasejoin element, where I choose the type of contact to register.

1 - companies
2 - suppliers
3 - customers

When choosing option 1, I must load the company registration form and when saving it, it must record the data in a separate company table.

When choosing option 2, I must load the supplier registration form and when saving it, it must record the data in a separate supplier table.

I can already display the correct forms using a databasejoin as a dropdown field and javascript events to show or hide forms. however, I can't save the data in their specific tables.

What can I do?

I suggest you create a separate form where you only have your databasejoin element and after the user has selected their option, redirect to a corresponding form.

You can redirect with javascript (add element javascript "change" event with the redirection codeto your databasejoin element) or redirect after form save with the form redirect plugin. You can change your save button text something like "Continue to fill the form" etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back