Documentation help required

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilesk

Hi Fabrik

I have spent days and days search through the help documentation and are still unable to find the help to solve the below issues

Rights on Dropdown Elements, depending on rights only a certain level will see a certain dropdown Element
So when a general user logs in the cant see the element or any entry with that element
Example ? Unfiancial members, only administrates for editing purposes can see the element and entry. When logged on as a general user Unfiancial members don?t show

I am unable to get the Alphabetical filter to work ? everything disappears and I get a blank page

Best way to get first name and last name to display in a table when entered separate fields in a form

To be able to use CSS etc to compact the form or place fields side by side instead of straight down the page

Modify the Export CSV ? remove Include Filters, Raw Data, Calculations and only have field selections

Is there a website you can go to that demonstrate more of what Fabrik have to offer or be able to see operations work in a live (demo) environment

Fabrik is latest version, Server Specs are all up todate

it would be best to ask each question in a seperate thread as otherwise it may well get confusing as to which issue we are both talking about.

Rights on Dropdown Elements, depending on rights only a certain level will see a certain dropdown Element
So when a general user logs in the cant see the element or any entry with that element
Example ? Unfiancial members, only administrates for editing purposes can see the element and entry. When logged on as a general user Unfiancial members don?t show
Are you asking if you can set individual access levels for each dropdown option? If so then the answer is no. You could try using a database join element in conjunction with the "Joins where and/or order by statement (sql) " and the "Apply where beneath" option.

I am unable to get the Alphabetical filter to work ? everything disappears and I get a blank page
Turn on PHP error reporting and see what the error message is - it should work however!

Best way to get first name and last name to display in a table when entered separate fields in a form
Use a calculation element to merge the two fields together and display the calculation element in the table.
To be able to use CSS etc to compact the form or place fields side by side instead of straight down the page
Take a look at the group's column setting, that allows you to specify per group the number of columns in the form.

Modify the Export CSV ? remove Include Filters, Raw Data, Calculations and only have field selections
[
This isn't possible sorry

Is there a website you can go to that demonstrate more of what Fabrik have to offer or be able to see operations work in a live (demo) environment
there is http://demo.fabrikar.com but its more for allowing users to show issues/ideas.

Fabrik is latest version, Server Specs are all up todate
Its always best to be specific - eg. SVN rev XXXX, or nightly build from 23/09/2009 - or PHP 5.3 etc

Cheers
Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for the help and feed back

I have noted your coments and will close this feed

After working through your help, if I have any more issues I will create indiviual threads

Regards
Kelly Giles

Hi Rob

Can you please close of this thread - for some reason there is no option

Kind Regards
Kelly Giles

sure the option for me is at the bottom labelled 'close this thread after you submit your message" or as an option in the 'Thread tools' drop down.
I'm not sure if you see those options as a non-adminstrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back