Drop-down formatting (wrapping)

Indrit

Hello, i have crated a form with pre-defined drop-down selections. However, every time the pre-defined selection text is too long it goes "out-of-screen" instead of being wrapped

upload_2023-9-30_23-45-16.png

what can I do to change it to wrap-text instead one single long line?

NOTE: Think of excel spreadsheet, when we format a cell alignment to make it "Wrap text"

upload_2023-9-30_23-48-20.png

Thanks, Indrit

Enable "Enhanced Dropdowns" in "Layout" (dbjoin) or "Formatting" (dropdown)

Last edited:
Thank you!

I did change both settings... at the Element as well as Global Settings/Fabrik/... just like you show on the image above. It worked !!! however the font of the dropdown got smaller. See below. How can i make that the same as the rest f the drop downs

upload_2023-10-2_20-0-30.png

Last edited:
Add something like
.chosen-container.chosen-container-single {
font-size: 1rem;
}
to your J! template or to as custom CSS to your form template.

The chosen package is setting a fix 13px, Cassiopeia has the 1rem setting, other template (like Atum) don't have it.

Thanks, I did create a custom css file ... named it user.css I added the code you suggested above but no changes.

I played around and changed the size from 1rem to 13px and vice versa no change on the front end.

Hello, although the suggestions provided herein solved my problem of wrapping the text during the drop down, however i noticed this ONLY work when i create a new record. If i oen an existing record and try to edit the content, the drop-down wrapped txt no longer works and i see a long sentence that stretches' outside of my computer screen. How can I fix that?

Thanks, Indrit

upload_2023-10-22_16-26-1.png

It is NOT a read only, although it might look like from the print screen!. Lets say if a user creates a records today, all is good, the wrap txt works perfect.

If the user returns later, clicks EDIT the screen he sees is the one I have attached here. When He tries to update the selection of "Element of performance" he can definitely choose another option from the available drop-down selection but the look is no longer wrap txt but one single Loooong line.

Indrit

Last edited:
This is CSS, not Fabrik. Check your browser dev tools to examin what you need.

Add e.g.

.fabrikElement .chosen-container-single a.chosen-single {height:fit-content}
.fabrikElement .chosen-container-single a.chosen-single span {white-space: normal;}

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back