Edit elements - change fieldnames - crashed

Dear,

when I edit elements for lists and when their I change a fieldname, the table update not work fine. It?s crashed and after the fieldname in the mysql-table was not modified but in the internal entries for fabrik. Later I will view the list and then claro, its crashed to show the list.

Workarround in the moment is, to modify the fields in the table via phpMyAdmin after I have changed in Fabrik.

I have see an other problem with element update too. I have change the numbers for decimalpositions and integerpositions and then this was crashed too, so that I must change manually via phpMyAdmin.

I can't replicate this (i'm running a recent joomla3-branch GitHub);

after modifying the element name (or changing field from text to integer) you are asked/warned that the database table will be modified; after clicking "Save + close" the DB column name/type is changed.
Did you see this warning?
Is your list set to "Alter existing fields"=yes?

Yes I have done, but the error is the same with github 535 too - and the error-message is without an error-message! Please show in feature the error-message in the backend please

An error has occurred.

0 SQL=UPDATE jos_fabrik_joins SET table_key = 'SB' WHERE join_from_table = 'cargroups' AND table_key = 'Selbstbet'
Return to Control Panel

could you enable Joomla's global debugging - it may provide more info as to what the issue is.

I'm assuming the element you are changing when you get that SQL error you quoted is being used as the 'key' in a join element on another form?

In other words, you have a join element elsewhere, which uses the element you are changing the name of as the 'key' for the join? Which is why we're trying to update the join table, to change the 'table_key' for that join element.

And I'm also assuming that this error only happens when changing the name of an element involved in a join? So if you change the name of some other element which isn't involved in any joins, it saves OK?

Also, for the 'changing the field type to integer' thing ... does that break on any field element, or only those involved in a join?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back