Edit field link

jh

Hi

I have a seperate edit form for a table, containing all the fields in the details view. This all works fine, no problems.

What I want to try is a direct link from an element in details view to an edit form that only shows that field (and so only that can be edited). No other fields should show. I have no problem with the url link however I was wondering about the edit form itself.

I wondered if either:
1. Template override on the url link (so all other fields are hidden) or
2. A seperate edit form with all other fields set to hidden and only the field from the link editable.

Im really not sure if either of these is the best or most effective way so would be very greatful for any suggestions.

Hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards

I'd go for a custom template. Pass some query string value that tells it which element to show, and a line or two of code in the custom template that hides everything except that.

-- hugh

Hi

Thank you, seems to be working great (though I am hiding via CSS as my Scripting attempts werent up to it!).

One more question, is it possible to open the form in a modal?

Many thanks

Thank you, have got it working great (had to add &iframe=1 to the end of the form url as there seemed to be a CSS or similar issue).

My only problem now is that the form should be open to registered users only, requiring a log in before access. Currently it would just show the standard no access notice. Is there a way of adding the log in requirement to the form that is being opened?

Alternatively I have tried the link to a menu item (also working) which shows the login screen, but this shows the whole page not just the form. I guess could be removed by CSS but Im not sure if this seems right?

Hope this makes sense, any advice would be great.

Kind Regards

Thank you, seems to be working great now. I have now added '&tmpl=component' to the URL as per the wiki.

I have one further issue regarding the form. As it is a customised template over ride of an existing form (eg with '&layout=new11' added to the URL) it is picking up the custom fabrik js file I am using for the form, which is causing some conflict with the new template overide. Is there a way to prevent my new custom template from loading the custom fabrik js file for that form?

Also, how can I set the modal window to close when the page is clicked outside the modal box?

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back