Element filter has an issue with ""

Kordian

Hi!
Joomla 3.8.10, Fabrik 3.8.1.
I have a table element set as field, where I enter phone numbers with "" symbol, so the field contains "+01234567" entries. After migrating from 2.5 and 3.0 Fabrik version, this elements dropdown filter contains no entries. Other filters work fine, so I suspect the " symbol at the beginning could be an issue.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Regards

I can't replicate this, I tried surrounding some of the data in one of my test elements with double quotes, and they show up fine on a dropdown filter.

Have you tried modifying any of the data, removing the quotes from some of the data, see if those show up?

Can you point us at the list, and make sure Fabrik debug is enabled in the global options, so we can check the queries being generated for the filter.

-- hugh

The table is not available on front end, but after enabling debugging, in the "element filterValueList_Exact:" entry I get the following:
SELECT DISTINCT(`gps_data`.`Phone`) AS `text`, `gps_data`.`Phone` AS `value` FROM `gps_data`
WHERE `gps_data`.`Phone` IN ('\"+12360895123\"','\"+12382550123\"','\"+12389920123\"','\"Orange\"')
ORDER BY text ASC
Here I skipped many other phone numbers just to give you an impression. Does this help?

Yes, it does, actually.

Do you have "Filter Data" (in the element's filter settings) set to "Recorded Data" or "Show All"?

From that query, it looks like you have it set to "Recorded Data", which uses a different method to build the values for the filter dropdown. And for field elements, using "Recorded Data" doesn't buy you anything. It's only relevant for join elements. I ran my test with "Show All".

Try switching to "Show All" and see if that changes anything.

-- hugh

Did you read the last part of my post, that it relies on changes made in another commit, and that you need to do a full github update, not just cherry pick that one change?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back