• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Error After Joomla Update to 3.9.16

startpoint

In edit list->details->layout
Fields: Front-end template, Admin template, PDF template are empty.
In Edit form->Layout
Fields: every dropdown for select template is empty
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/fields/fabriktemplate.php on line 60

PHP - 7.2
Fabrik - Latest Github

Last edited:
I've pointed it to @cheesegrits
Similar error
/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/fields/fabrikfolderlist.php on line 54
e.g. if editing a viz

Looks like a bug in Joomla.

They changed libraries\joomla\form\fields\folderlist.php to

$path = ltrim($this->directory, '/');
if (!is_dir($path))....

but after ltrim is_dir() is false and getOptions is returning NULL

Hi, since for various reasons I cannot update via github for now I have restored the code of the joomla library bringing it back to the one previous to 3.9.16 do you think I will have problems from other parts of the site? do you think joomla will modify this bug?

Thanks, I did as recommended by troester and it seems to be working well, thanks again for avoiding me to act in a way that is surely wrong and dangerous for the site.

Hi,

can someone please test Joomla Pull request 28393 found on github so I can merge it in Joomla! 3.9.17 to fix the issue for all extensions?

thx

Harald Leithner

You should not restore (or update with) only parts of some code. It's likely that running Joomla3.6.19 with "old" Joomla library code will break somewhere.
I think (no warranty, but I have it done on some sites, too) you can run Joomla3.9.16 + original Fabrik3.9 + updating the 2 Fabrik files addressing the Joomla bug.
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/2bd6159d9777eade9b6d3e90d83ad64dd2546133
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/72268ca242a99cb1d562c0e419bf7677a8df22d2
@troester Is "your" patch also needed for Joomla 3.9.18?
Running 30+ joomla sites....

Thanks
Matt

No, they corrected the bug in J!3.9.17

But if you added the patch for J!3.9.16 it won't hurt with J!3.9.18.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back