Fabrik 3.10 PHP8 form data no longer saving to database

boyjah

Since updating Fabrik 3.10 from Github a few days ago so that we can use PHP 8.1, now when users submit a form, the data is no longer being saved in the database. The data they submitted IS being sent by email, so we are able manually enter the data, but NOT by editing the form data from the front end. We must create a new record in phpMyAdmin. Once we do that, we can then enter the data from the form edit in the front end. Is there some setting that has changed that we must look at? And, I no longer receive email notifications of responses to my forum posts, even though "Watch this thread..." "and receive email notifications" are both checked...

I can't replicate. Saving forms is working fine on my site with latest GitHub and php8.1

What are your form's "Form processing" settings?
Any other form plugins beside email?

And, I no longer receive email notifications of responses to my forum posts, even though "Watch this thread..." "and receive email notifications" are both checked...
This is the case since long...

I can't replicate. Saving forms is working fine on my site with latest GitHub and php8.1

What are your form's "Form processing" settings?
Any other form plugins beside email?

That is the problem for us as well. When we make a new registration and then fill out the form, everything works perfectly and the data is saved as always. But we have other new users who submit the form, email with data is sent, but they are not being saved in the database. I have added some statistic gathering variables to the email that admins receive to look for some possible reason why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Things like:
SERVER->REMOTE_ADDR
SERVER->HTTP_USER_AGENT
SERVER->QUERY_STRING
and the ID number generated by the form

We looking for some kind of pattern for failed data saves, like is it something to do with the user's browser or OS or...?

Form processing: Record in database is set to yes

Form uses email, redirect and php plugins and they all are doing what they are supposed to do

Form is only submitted by registered, logged in users

Last edited:
This sounds very strange.
So it's the identical form, sometimes saving, sometimes not?
Is there a difference between user groups (e.g. some only registered, some admins)?

How do you call the new form?
Is it via a menu "Fabrik form" or via list "Add"?
If Fabrik form: Which settings (e.g. Row id/Keyname used)?

Is it this form "Form processing without required fields filled PHP8"?
So is the save failing if it shouldn't save at all because of validation errors?

Last edited:
I think that we figured out the problem. It was not Fabrik. We have a redirect on login for users who have not filled out the form yet. It is supposed to send them to the first time form where Row id and Key name are blank. But the users are not being redirected so they are filling out the form for the first time using the edit my form link where Row id = -1 and Key name = user_id. When they do this, all of the form functions work but it does not save to the database.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back