Fabrik List Menu bug(?)

thellie

Hi :)
I have a menu for various lists of volunteers - registered; current; past; latest; leaving, etc...

The 'latest' list denotes the latest intake to arrive, and I use 3 prefilters to achieve this (see pic).
screenshot-prefilters.png

In the first pre-filter, the query in full should be: (SELECT MAX(startdate ) FROM vol_appform WHERE startdate <= NOW())

but each time I save it, it knocks out the < from the query. If I change the query to ...startdate < NOW()... then it also removes the < leaving it as ...startdate NOW()...

This is not an issue in the Fabrik List Module, only the List Menu. I have attached another pic with the two lists together (List Menu on top). The <= does not get knocked out of the List Module prefilter query...

screenshot-list-comparison.png

Hmmm, I saw a similar issue recently, I think it boiled down to a small change in J! a few releases ago meaning I had to manually set a filter on a JForm XML element ... I'll go check.

-- hugh

Yup, that was it. Fix is in this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/9fb18999c82d38b1627367ea4f9483cafa651d74

The issue is that prior to a change in J! a few releases back, if you didn't specify a 'filter' for a text param field on the back end, it would allow < or > by themselves, it would just strip any HTML tags. But now it strips a < by itself. Which I think is a bug, but haven't looked at the actual J! filtering code to see.

So ... I set a 'raw' filter on that stuff so it'll allow <.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back