Field like "tags" but that pulls from another element

What I am looking for is a way to create a list of prepopulated options similar to a cascading drop down but with the ability to select like the "tags" field.

I have a long list of people that in a drop down is extremely long. I need to add records and reference different people for each record. Because I want to control the data and avoid duplicate entries, I have the people in their own table. I am able to connect them to the drop down via cascading drop down. It becomes difficult to select multiple names when they appear above and below the scroll window.

I am looking for a field that I can begin typing a name and it dynamically searches the "list of name" and displays them like it does in the "tag" element. Is there a way to have a field cascade with data like the dropdown but have the selection abilities similar to the "tags" element?

Ok, I looked at more plugins, and "auto-complete" is close to what I am looking for. I am able to join the database field and autocomplete works like I'd hoped. Is there a way to select more than one record with auto complete like with tags? I tried using a "," but that didn't work. Is there a way to select more than one record using the same autocomplete field? I'd like to be able to select multiple names at once via searching with autocomplete.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back