Fields databasejoin/multiselect dropdown are switched to other records - (list P+CH)

Hi,

I have an old problem - i try to show clearly what is wrong.

The fields databasejoin / (Render join as: Multi select dropdown) from records of list1 are switched to other records (of list1 --- list2[list1]) when use to left join this list1 (as childs) to other list2 (as parent)

I do the same what i did earlier for my other lists in fabrik ( i used earlier parent + childs with one to many relationships). Now, the problem appears because a have a field --- databasejoin - Render join as: "Multi select dropdown"

I try to show that something similar works OK because i want to show what i need and try to show clearly the bug in fabrik....

I try to add to this list1 - next - other field - not with type "databasejoin / (Render join as: Multi select dropdown)" - name: "Typ zapytania", but similar in behavior field "dropdown/multiselect" that has name "Typ zapytania dropdown".

When i left join list1 with this two fields :
"databasejoin/multiselect dropdown" that is "Typ zapytania"
"dropdown/multiselect" that is "Typ zapytania dropdown"

to other list2 (parent) then field "dropdown/multiselect" works correctly - is not switched to other records of list1.
I make this test with other type of field because i want to show what works wrong, and that something other what is similar in behavior works OK.

So, the difference in problem is: does we have field "databasejoin/multiselect dropdown" or field "dropdown/multiselect" when we left join list1 with this field to other list2 that is parent.

I need to use:
"databasejoin/multiselect dropdown" and this doesn't work for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I try to show clearly problem in screen shots - so i created on my list "CC-15-Formularz:Zapytanie ofertowe - F/01/7.2/01" that is this list with field:
"databasejoin/multiselect dropdown" - ("Typ zapytania") second field: "dropdown/multiselect" - ("Typ zapytania dropdown")
- this two fields have similar values like:
axbdgf_typ_zap_1 ------ typ_zap_1
ggtgtg_typ_zap_2 ------ typ_zap_2

So we can see that on list: "CC-15-Formularz:Zapytanie ofertowe - F/01/7.2/01" this two fields have similar/the same values,
i show this list1 when grouping by field name="Identyfikator sprawy" - so we have very similar list1 like list2 = Parent + Childs (left join list1 to list2).

Next we can see on List Parent + Childs: "CC-15 - Rejestr spraw - 11"
where we have parents records sort also by "Identyfikator sprawy"="Id"

and what we see fields: "dropdown/multiselect" - ("Typ zapytania dropdown") stay on their records (like on list: "CC-15-Formularz:Zapytanie ofertowe - F/01/7.2/01") - but
fields "databasejoin/multiselect dropdown" - ("Typ zapytania") are switched to other records.

So, i need field "databasejoin/multiselect dropdown" - ("Typ zapytania") on my list Parent+Childs - it would be pretty to repair it in fabrik code :)

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 102.png
    102.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 362
  • 103.png
    103.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 103a.png
    103a.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 353
  • 105.png
    105.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 359
Hmmmm.

I'm not even sure this can work the way you are trying to make it work.

The issue is that once you change a join to a "multiple" join, it becomes a many-to-many join. Instead of being a simple one-to-one, in which ....

main_table.your_join (the FK, foreign Key) --> joined.table_id (the PK, primary key)

What you have once you set the join element to a "multiple" type, like checkbox, is that we create a many-to-many "linkage" table, which we name as <main_table>_repeat_<join_element_name>, so in the example i'm using, it'd be called main_table_repeat_your_join.

This table than has two foreign keys, one pointing to the PK of the main table, one pointing to the PK of the joined table.

main_table_repeat_your_join.parent_id --> main_table.id
main_table_repeat_your_join.your_join --> joined_table.id

So ... that main_table your_join element can't be used in a "list join", like a simple, non-repeat join element can.

What you may be able to do is build a list join to the linkage table we automatically create.

But I'm already horribly confused about what you are trying to do ... :(

-- hugh

I don't do nothing special - average "left join list1 to list2" - that is "one to many relationships".
I did the same earlier and it works for me.

The problem is only with behavior of one field: field1a
ccjom_cc_zap_ofertowe_zapytanie___typ_zap
from list1 after "left join to list2".
This field on list1 is databasejoin - Render join as: Multiselect dropdown".

I have on list1 second field - field1b:
ccjom_cc_zap_ofertowe_zapytanie___typ_zap_test
this field on list1 is: dropdown - Multiple selection: Yes

We can have the same values on records for that two: field1a and field1b - on list1 --- but field1b show on list2 (parent + childs) correctly and field1a wrong ...
field1a and field1b are both multiple type....

I need field1a because i need list3 where i can add records with field1a at front-end

field1a:
ccjom_cc_zap_ofertowe_zapytanie___typ_zap
is databasejoin to table:
ccjom_cc_zap_ofertowe_typy ( = list3)
value:id
label: typ_zapytania

I need list3 at front-end and need to add records to this list.

For field1b from list1 i don't have any list_x that i could use at fron-end and add records with field1b.

???

You are going to have to catch me on Skype, and we'll look at the site together. I've tried rereading this thread four times, and I still can't understand what you are trying to achieve, or exactly what the problem is.

Complex database setups are hard enough to explain and discuss at the best of times, but with our mutual language barrier, with element and table names looking to me like meaningless jumbles of letters, I'm just lost.

-- hugh

I have now github 3.0.6.3-894-g0087ba0

I used to "save" on element: ID:1651 "Typ zapytania" on list3 and after that:
on my list2 (that is left join list1 to list2) "the same element"- ID: 2839 "Typ zapytania" stay to be "empty" for whole column.

But on list1 "the same element" ID:2196 "Typ zapytania" still has values.

Attachments

• 151.png
    151.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 152a.png
    152a.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 346
  • 153.png
    153.png
    40 KB · Views: 331
Yeah, sorry, I saw your msg at about 6am this morning, but was on my way to bed at the time, was just too tired to even respond and say "it's 6am I'm going to bed!". Ping me again, we'll take a look.

-- hugh

Our time zones / schedules seem to be making it hard to "overlap". I'll keep looking for you on Skype.

-- hugh

Need "Horizontal lines" beetween records of child1 and child2

Hi cheesegrits,

So, i know my problem is not easy but could you help me (in this moment) to improve apperance of table - see post #1 - picture 103.png

I need "nice horizontal lines" beetwen records of child1
and separately other "nice horizontal lines" beetween records of child2.

lines can have other style than rest of table e.g.:
td { border-bottom-style: dashed}
or
td { border-bottom-style: dotted}

My table on picture 103.png it is: parent +child1 + child2,

My table without "nice horizontal lines" is not well readable...:mad:

Attachments

• 103---nice-horizontal-lines-within-child1-and-also-child2-separately.JPG
    103---nice-horizontal-lines-within-child1-and-also-child2-separately.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 293
its not just a case of css, as the li's wont align across the td's they are displayed in

if you update from git I have added classes to those cells, and added the following css to media/com_fabrik/css/fabrik.css to style them:

Code:
td.repeat-merge,
td.repeat-reduce {
    padding: 0 !important;
    vertical-align: top;
}

td.repeat-merge ul.fabrikRepeatData li,
td.repeat-reduce ul.fabrikRepeatData li {
    padding: 5px !important;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
}

depending on your repeat data content you may need to add a min-height property to the li as well.

-Rob

Hi Rob,
Many thanks for your work, i have actualised today from github ( i have joomla 2.5.11 and fabrik 3.0.7-118-g0686199) - but this is not still what i need,
1. Lines are only for "Child1" on my list and i need also for "child2"

2. I need lines only between records not between "all cells" - i have for "child1" field: multiselect dropdown --- and i need lines only between "cells for record1" and "cells for record 2" --- not between "cells of record1" --- not between "cells of record2"

I drow purple lines for "child1" and darkblue for "child2" - that is what i exactly need.

On my first screen shot is "other list_01" - on that list_01 you have datas that are "child1 on my main list with problems" - here you can see what cell belongs to whom record...

Please once again about your help - this is very important for me -- and this issue (group of list parent + child1 + child2 and should be else child3) is most sophisticated what i do in fabrik.

Attachments

• Zaznaczenie_125.png
    Zaznaczenie_125.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Zaznaczenie_126.png
    Zaznaczenie_126.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Zaznaczenie_126-with-purple---and---blue-lines----------parent-child1-child2.png
    Zaznaczenie_126-with-purple---and---blue-lines----------parent-child1-child2.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Zaznaczenie_127.png
    Zaznaczenie_127.png
    142.9 KB · Views: 310
Ok so looking at those images, I really can't think of a way you can achieve what you need.

If you are merging down the data then we have no concept of which merged cell's data corresponds with another cells merged data.

I'm really out of things to suggest, what you are after is just something that fabrik can not do.

The whole "merged data" thing is something we know needs re-working, so we support actual "nested tables" for repeated data, which would resolve this type of issue. But that's a big task, which isn't going to happen "now".

-- hugh

View attachment 8921 I need very simple thing.

Please, make for me lines between records , that devided record1 from record2 from record3,
when in record is field that include several values because - field is multiselect dropdown - please don't drow lines between every "multiselect dropdown value" - it should be treated as one cell.

That what you did rob, you made lines inside one cell that is "multiselect drop down cell".

I need to show "what is one record" - which multiselect dropdown values belong to record 1 and which belong to record2.

You see this on screen shots, i have problem to write it more clearly...

Field:
"Typ zapytania dropdown
Enquire type (dropdown)"
is multiselect dropdown

For example for Parent Id=3, Jan Nowak
there are 2 childs1 record:
1) Child1-id =4 ------------ typ_zap_2
...........................................typ_zap_5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------my dream line here
2) Child1-id=6 ------------ typ_zap_1
..........................................typ_zap_2
..........................................typ_zap_4
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------mu dream line here

I dont need line here:
1) Child1-id =4 ------------ typ_zap_2
----------------------------------------------- not line here ( it is one cell ---multiselect dropdown with 2 values)
...........................................typ_zap_5

Hmmm .......?

Apart from that i have "parent + 2 Times left join: ( i name this as childs1 and childs2):
see screen shot - and i need lines for this "two left join"

Attachments

• left-join----childs1------and--second----left-join----childs2.png
    left-join----childs1------and--second----left-join----childs2.png
    187.8 KB · Views: 286
What we are saying is that we can't do this :) Sorry its 'simple' to say its simple, harder to fix when we have a model that simply wasn't designed to do this.

All I can do is echo Rob's sentiments. If this was "very simple", we would have done it by now.

While Fabrik is extremely flexible and customize-able, it can't do everything. And this is one of the things it can't do, until we do some extensive re-writing of the core list rendering, which is a very complex task.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back