Form email plugin to field - bug?

mattsh

Hi!

I have 2 lists, 1 with contacts and a second list (form) for whose contacts to report via.

In the second list I have a db join (name) and a Cascading DropDown element (email).

In the report form (second list) I have a form email plug-in. When I test to use a placeholder for the email (CDD) in the "Message text" field, the email address is shown correct in the email that is sent. But if I have the same placeholder in the "Email to" field, no email is sent. Is it a bug?

Regards
Matt
Fabrik 3.8 (default files)
Joomla 3.8.1

Hi!
I use a placeholder like {jos_contact_question__email_id} which works fine if I test to place it in the "Message text" field.
Raw just give the id number if I test it in the "Message text", because its a CDD element.

But {jos_contact_question__email_id} placed in the "email to" field don't send a email.

Matt

Last edited:
I didn't mean element_raw.
But is {jos_contact_question__email_id} = "xy@z.com" (which you need in the email to) or is it a mailto link like <a href="mailto:.... which will show up correctly in the message text but can't be used in email to.
In this case you must use the "email to (eval)" to do some string handling or to fetch the email adress via {jos_contact_question__email_id_raw} directly from the DB.

I don't really understand, but as I written before {jos_contact_question__email_id} is a CDD element using data (actual emails) from a separate list.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back