Form Won't Save Data After Udating to Latest SVN

billandre

Hi,

I just updated to the latest SVN files. Now when I fill out a form and submit the data I am taken to a blank screen and the data is not saved in the database.

Is there any way to go back to the previous SVN? It was working fine.

you can revert by right clicking on your svn folder, select "update to revision..." then enter the revision number you want to revert to.
Could you post you php error log so I can see and fix the bug though first please?

Cheers
Rob

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the very quick reply. I will be glad to post the PHP log but I am not exactly sure how to do this. I will go have a look to see if I can figure it out. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.

Hi Bill Andre,

Generally you would turn on logging for your php instance and look at that. You can usually set that in your PHP.INI file, changing error reporting to E_ALL, telling it to log to a logfile, and specifying what logfile to look at. Alternately just setting it to E_ALL should dump errors up on your screen as you are trying things out in Joomla, but the downside is you miss errors that pop up just before a page refresh.

Andre

Hi Andre Lewis,

Thanks very much for the reply. I hate being ignorant about getting this problem fixed but I just don't know enough about how things work to sort it out for myself. I have had to edit several PHP files since I have been working on this site (my first with Joomla) but I have to confess I can't find the PHP.ini file.

I know I have some problems on the site (I get messages at the bottom of some pages that say something to the effect of "page loaded but with errors". I have just not had time or the know-how to figure out what is going wrong. Up until now, the front-end of the site has been working but I know there are problems under the surface. (One thing that has started happening is that I can no longer edit ANY files with JoomlaXplorer. It tells me there are errors on the page, even when I am trying to edit a simple text file.)

The site is ProposalCafe.com.

Thanks for any help.

Bill,

If you want to PM me with your phone number I can call you right away (it's about 7:30pm CST) and see if we can sort out what your problem is.

Or if you prefer to use IM, send me your MSN / Yahoo / Skype contact.

-- hugh

Hey Fabrik Team,
I just wanted to inform you about this bug again.

I have tested fabrik 1.0.4 right now. The bug is still there.
I have tested it with my own form and with the sample form. The submitted form data won't save. After I press "submit" I am send to the url: ../../index.php?option=com_fabrik (which is blank)
I am supposed to stay on the page where the module is published, or not?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: In the backend, when I manually add form data with "add listing" it don't work either.

In the frontend I get the following error in the published form module:
Notice: Undefined variable: _SESSION in W:\var\www\joomla-1-0-13-en\components\com_fabrik\fabrik.class.php on line 2407

Maybe there is some connection between both errors/bugs ?

Help please Can not save form

Similar problem here, I can not save form (except I am not taking to blank page), since then I never upgrade svn, can you tell me where are the form settings? to find CURL script.

This thread is 2.5 yrs old and refers to Fabrik 1.x.

Unless you really are using 1.x, can you post in the appropriate 2.x forum, and give us some more details to go on?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back