Format the Label

mrmcbobit

Hello all,

I've got a fairly long label that is that auto line breaking after about 3 words and its really throughing off the look of the form.

I set the group to 1 column and manually put the column width to 100% but it doesn't seem to change it.

Any thoughts?

I'm running Joomla 2.5.3, Fabrik 3.0.4, and you can see the form here: https://foxapts.com/index.php/forms/tenant-application

Thanks,
Bob

You need to adjust the CSS div around the label. If you look at the code you'll see the HTML for the label is formatted like this:

<div class="leftcol">
<label for="element">
</div>

And the CSS for the leftcol class is:

.leftcol {
width:130px;
}

So setting the width of the label to 100% means it's 130px. You need to change this value in the template's css. I recommend duplicating the template and renaming it, so it doesn't get overwritten when doing updates later.

You'll need to override it.

BTW, as of about a week ago, I re-added the concept of custom CSS files on a per template basis. It's something we used to do in f2, decided not to do in f3 (decided to use the 'themes' override method in J!) ... but then decided a custom CSS is the easiest and safest way to allow for small tweaks to standard templates.

So, if you udpate to latest github, you'll find a custom_css_example.php in the default template folder. Copy that to custom_css.php, and modify it to override the width ...

.leftcol {
width:200px !important;
}

... or whatever.

-- hugh

I just uploaded the latest via github, however i couldn't find the custom_css_example.php file. can you be more specific on where is should be?

Thanks,
Bob

Where do I find these files so I can change it?
Can I do this for each group have a specific label width?

You need to adjust the CSS div around the label. If you look at the code you'll see the HTML for the label is formatted like this:

<div class="leftcol">
<label for="element">
</div>

And the CSS for the leftcol class is:

.leftcol {
width:130px;
}

So setting the width of the label to 100% means it's 130px. You need to change this value in the template's css. I recommend duplicating the template and renaming it, so it doesn't get overwritten when doing updates later.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back