Forums Bridged?

terp

Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Whenever I try to login using the top login, it tells me my password is incorrect, then takes me to the forum login in the center of the page; I enter the same login and it works. :)

When I am logged in and click on a forum link sent via. email, it tells me I am not authorized to view the post....

Is this by design? :)

Nope. Not by design.

However, I'm not going to expend any cycles fixing the current Joomla / SMF bridge, 'cos I'm going to be doing the cutover to vBulletin either tonight or tomorrow, and we'll be throwing all that stuff away.

Hang tight for another day ... then we'll have a whole new set of integration problems to fix. :)

-- hugh

Nice. ;)

I just assumed for all these months I typed the password incorrectly for the first go, then got it right the second time 'round. :)

LMAO!

SMF should be bridged and sync'ed with J!, but it seems to be a little hit or miss.

Speaking of which. Could you do some testing for me? Go to:

http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=35

And use the login widget on that page. Then go to:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php

Let me know if it logged you in to the new forums. If not, are you able to login using the regular vBulletin login. It's using the Duo Sync vb/J! bridge, complicated by having to do a lot of the importing from SMF, which uses different password hashing ... so I'm sure there will be teething trouble!

-- hugh

Nice! :)

I used the signal login, which logged me in fine, then navigated to that link and voila: Happy Birthday, Wallace! :)

[update] Can, in fact, log in to to the new forums directly using the vB login...

[update] Failed the 2nd and 3rd try ??? I'll clear all my cookies, cache, etc, and start all over to make sure it's not me.

Hmmm. Glad it worked first time, not so glad about it not working after that!

Which bit didn't work? The "logging into J! logs you into vB as well", or can you just not log in at all?

Thanks for the help with testing, BTW. Unfortunately I'll be heading out for the evening in a few minutes, but I'll check back here as soon as I get home. I really need to get that vB bridge stuff working. Seems to work for me OK, but ain't that always the way!

-- hugh

Hugh Messenger said:
Which bit didn't work? The "logging into J! logs you into vB as well", or can you just not log in at all?

1.) Logged in using the new J! login - worked
2.) Went to vB site and not showing me logged in
3.) logged out of J! site, cleared cookies, etc.
4.) Went to VB site, logged in - worked
5.) Navigated back to J! test login page and now showing me loggin in

So neither way....can login to each, but logging in to either doesn't log me into the other, so as if it's not bridged at all...

I'll cut a quick movie of my process so you can see what I was doing, given you know I am not the best 'cook' in the kitchen. :)

I'll be crashing soon...4:55am train to the District (woe is me), but I can take it for a spin tomorrow throughout the day...you tax dollars hard at work, so might as well get a return on your investment. ;)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back