FusionCharts (HTML 5 / javascript)

capoo

Namaste.
We are developing a site that must be compatible with iOS, wich means that the actual deployed Fusioncharts plugins and classes for gantt and the rest of charts are not compatible since they are based on Flash tecnology.

Considering the newest release of Fusioncharts is based in both technologies (Flash and HTML 5 + Javascript). I've tryed just to replace the class Fusioncharts.js, what unfortunately didn't work.

Are you planning to update these plugins to work also with HTML 5?

Could you please give the necessary help and orientations to make any workaround in the meantime?

Thank you!

Hi

The issue I ran across is that the free version of fusion charts does not support using Javascript. I don't have a paid version of fusion charts to test with.

I'll ask Hugh if he does....

-Rob

Dear Rob,

Thanks for you quick answer and interest in the issue. Please, thank Hugh to in advance for his time checking the question.

In any case, I have the FusionCharts Classes and charts that came with the PACKT Pubication - FusionCharts Beginner?s Guide: The Official Guide for FusionCharts. I'm sure they support using Javascript.

Let me know If you need it to help me with this workaround.

Thanks again for you both!

Best regards.

If you have the paid version of fusion charts and update to the latest github then the charts will render as javascript

Note that Rob is testing with a copy of the main FusionCharts XT product, one that I got a complimentary license for from the nice FusionCharts folk, for purposes of Fabrik development. I'm not sure what the PACKT version you mention is, so I don't know if whatever version you have will work.

The pro version needs to go in ./plugins/fabrik_visualization/fusioncharts/lib/FusionCharts, and you'll need to select the "Pro" option from the version setting in the main plugin settings.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back