Getting Message PLG_FABRIK_SYSTEM_SEARCH_MEMORY_LIMIT from search plugin

PaulV888

Tracing this back it seems like plugins/fabrik.php line 404 does not support the 1G yet.

Code:
$memory = (int) FabrikString::rtrimword($memory, 'M') * 1000000;

Changed my ini file to 1024M.

I think you would want to solve this by introducing a helper function something like return_bytes on this page: PHP ini_get

But would not be sure what a appropriate place for this would be, and how to name it. Maybe if you can give me a name of a similar function and I can figure it out from there.

Actually this version seems to be slightly improved.

Last edited:
You have already identified where.

All you need to do is to modify the line of code above so that it tests for G or GB as a suffix and calculates the memory by multiplying by 1,000,000,000 instead of 1,000,000.

Whilst there you might like to handle MB as well as M.

I added a helper function for it, based on the Stack Overflow answer, and applied it everywhere we do a memory check.

Note that I also had to commit some other rather more significant changes I've had cooking, as I hadn't created branches for those changes. I'm (relatively) confident those changes are ready to go, I've been running them for several weeks, but if you get funky behavior with either ...

How repeated joined data gets selected (like too many / not enough rows when paginating a list with joined data)

... or ...

JS errors when loading popup windows (like jQuery getting redefined)

... then maybe they weren't.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back