Hide checkboxes in list views

wmeyboom

Hello everyone,

This is my first ever contribution to a forum, so if it?s in the wrong place please forgive me.

I am currently using Joomla 2.5.1. and Fabrik 3.0.4. I am very much impressed by the capabilities of Fabrik.

I am developing a sports website in which there are all sorts of user levels and several Fabrik tables in which I want users to be able to add and edit their own records. This seems to be working quite well in conjunction with the ACL of Joomla itself.

However as you know a list view in edit mode always has a column with checkboxes to select individual records and a checkbox at the top to select all records. The checkbox at the top however, the one that selects all, is a nuisance. This is because it would allow users to delete all the records they can see in one go, either by accident or on purpose if they got out of bed on the wrong side.

I would therefore like to be able to hide this column altogether or the top checkbox. I can?t unfortunately find how to do this. I?ve looked through the forum and the entire internet without success. I?ve also looked at the views templates but can?t really get to grips with them.

Best would be a standard feature or option in Fabrik itself to hide this column or the top checkbox.

Does anyone have a solution this? Or is it perhaps a future feature of Fabrik 3.x.x?

Thank?s in advance for any helpful answers or even solutions.

Regards,

Wouter Meyboom
Haarlem, The Netherlands

The select boxes are only shown if the user has delete access (as long as you don't use php list plugins).
So if you want to hide the whole column set delete access level.

If you want to hide the header checkbox you can do a template override (or create a custom template) and add
.list_X_checkAll {display:none;}
X = list id

Thank you troester,

I created a custom list template, added ".list_X_checkAll {display:none;}" to template_css.php and presto the upper checkbox was gone.

It looks realy simple but would probably have taken me wweks to figure out.

Wouter Meyboom
Haarlem, The Netherlands

Hello again troester,

I discovered slight drawback of the method used is that I will have to make a seperate template for each list I want to apprear in this way. Not a big problem as I can't see the total number going over 20 or so lists, but cumbersome if someone had a few dozen.

Wouter Meyboom
Haarlem, The Netherlands

In template_css.php you can use $c to grab the listID; I think if listID=4 $c is 4_com_fabrik_4 (at least on my testsite), so it should be possible with some string handling.

A good tool to examine CSS classes is the Firefox addon Firebug.

Do you have a link to your list?
The link in your post is going to login.

Do you have a php plugin added to your list?

In your list set "Render buttons as"=inline (in "Links")
There seems to be a bug if set as "floating" without any access.

Remove Checkbox from List View

100%
Thank you troester. You are a Genius!!!

Thank for the quick response.

Have a nice day.

help

Thank you troester,

I created a custom list template, added ".list_X_checkAll {display:none;}" to template_css.php and presto the upper checkbox was gone.

It looks realy simple but would probably have taken me wweks to figure out.

Wouter Meyboom
Haarlem, The Netherlands

Hi,
I am new in php so if you can post me a code custom template_css.phph file.Tx

In your list set "Render buttons as"=inline (in "Links")
There seems to be a bug if set as "floating" without any access.

Hello everyone,
After an update from github (fabrik-3.0.6.3-711), it seems that the problem is different. The checkboxes are hidden if the parameter is set to "inline" but the column remains visible, empty but visible.
Do you know this same problem..
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Philippe

Hello and sorry for the late return.
Yes, joomla cache and browser are empty and the problem persists.
I'll redo a clean install and I'll let you know.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back