How to add/remove icons on the list

fanta00

Where can I remove icons that appears on top of the table: specifically I want to remove the 'Empty' icon, also I would like to remove the 'delete' icon on each row as it's not very safe place, and there is already one main delete icon on the top right of the table. I can't find any place where to set those icons?

They work on user permissions.

If you deny 'public access' to delete records then the icons disappear :)

Thanks, but I would like to leave the main 'delete' button on top of the table, and just remove the ones in each row.
Also I would like to remove the 'empty' button from top of the table, and make the 'remove filters' button always visible (for advanced search), how can I do that?

As felixkat says:
the empty button is only shown if your user has "empty" access;

The clear filters icon is always visible if there's a filter (what is your fabrik version, do you have a recent GitHub update?)

Delete icons: I can't see a difference between deleting a row via row icon or top icon (it will always ask if you really want to delete). If you don't like the row icons you can hide them with custom CSS or create a custom template.

The principle of custom CSS/custom templates is shown in the "Form" link, it's analogically for lists.
http://fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/3.x_Form_Templates
http://fabrikar.com/wiki/index.php/3.x_List_Templates

Thanks for explanation, I've found where to remove the empty icon and i hidden the row's delete ones using CSS. But I don't see the 'remove filter' icon constantly on, I have filters on and advanced search on, but the remove filter icon only appears when I actually apply the filter by, but not when I use advanced search one.
where do I check what fabrik version I'm using?

I updated to newest version of fabric and now I can see the 'remove filter' icon, thanks.
Are there any alerts when the new github version is available?

While I've read numerous posts about removing icons, I've yet to find one that informs how to remove the "Empty" icon from forms that otherwise have superuser permissions. It is simply too easy for someone to trash a great deal of work with this icon present in a production environment

List settings, "Access".
Joomla has no default access level "nobody" (assigned to no user group) , this is the first one I'm creating on all my new Joomla installations.

What troester said. First thing I do on all J! installs is create a "Nobody" access level, which I then use for exactly this kind of purpose.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back