how to delay loading next page in form

mirceat

Hello,

I have a huge form with many elements (including some calc elements, dbjoins etc) that rise the loading time to almost 5 seconds. I was thinking that maybe spliting the form will decrease the loading time, but it doesn't, it looks like the next page still load all the elements but it display only a part of them.

So, it is possible to first load only the elements that belong to "first page", then after i press the "next" button to load other elements? Something like two separate forms but with a single Submit button.

Thank you

Fabrik github, Php 7.3

Optimizations:
All dbjoins have a value set to id[recommended] or - if not - a MySQL index on the "value" column?
Calc elements: If possible set to "Calc on save only"=yes (or do calculation with php plugins)
not-used elements not only hidden but disabled?

Splitting, e.g.
  • copy your list, create two forms with different element sets (both lists/forms will be linked to the same underlying database table)
  • at least the id element must be included in both forms,
  • call the submit button of the 1st form "Next" and add a redirect plugin going to the 2nd form,
  • add a redirect plugin to the 2nd form going back to the list

Thank you troester,

For the second part, the form is already splitted in two parts as you said above, but i'm using a lot of repeated groups in the second part (form) so I can't (or i don't think i can) to split it again.

To explain better; the first form is about client information, budget, clauses etc. After Save, there is a redirect link to the second form. The second form is about services applied to this customers and sometimes there are over 50 services per customer. This is the form where i need to decrease the loading time..

To answer your questions:

- some calc elements are set to calc on save but some of them need Ajax update, because of many options and changes for each service.

- yes, dbjoins are using the id[recomended]. Mysql have a lot of indexes and there are no slow queries in mysql log.

- "not-used elements not only hidden but disabled?" - I had no idea that could be an issue. I have few of it, old elements that are disabled now, but i don't want to drop it as they might be needed again sometimes..

Disabled elements should be ok.

Multiple repeat groups is an issue, it's join X join X join...

I have such a site, too.
I "splitted" some parts by using related data links instead of doing it directly in the form.
Readonly parts (if there are some) could be done via MySQL view or a display element

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back