Solved How to disable Fabrik content plugin in article category list view?

Trembowiecki

Hi,

I use Joomla 5.1 and I've got rather unusual data construction. I use articles with fabrik content plugins placed in tabs. You know - one tab, one Fabrik list embedded. There can be around 20 tabs (so, 20 lists embedded) in one article and it still runs fine and is speedy. The problem is - when it comes to display articles in Joomla core article category list view (so effectively means just title of the articles), the system loads all the fabrik content plugin instances all at once, which means hundreads of them. So the while site gets ultraslow (no wonder).

My question is: is there a way to make fabrik content plugin load only in article view, and not in category view?

Last edited:
Is J! loading the full article text or only the intro (i.e. until "readmore")?
In this case you could add a "readmore" before all Fabrik stuff.

Or you can add a custom J! categorie list layout.

Thank you! I've just put 'readmore' at the beginning of each article, which doesn't matter in category list anyway - and it works! The list loads lightening fast now.

I've tried to override default_articles.php to stop loading content plugins at all, but I coudn't make it work for the life of me. I'm too blonde for this, obviously.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back