how to find out which version of Fabrik do I have installed (epsilon, delta ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrit

I know this might sound silly, but unlike official version where you can see what version of a component you have on your Joomla site, this is not the case with any of the Fabrik version the team is working now (im talking about joomla 4.X compatible)

How can I find out if i installed epsilon, or delta or others. additionally, if my version is an early release (say epsilon) do I need to upgrades to the latest version, and if YES how?

Thanks, Indrit

I wouldn't expect any issue, but for sure there is no guarantee.
But as you can see, when you look in the forum, the developers are always very helpful and do regular updates, if there are corner case problems.

Have a look at the changelog. And as always: backup before updates/installations.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

got it thanks, it looks like I have 4.0Epsilon

Will there be any issues if i upgrade?

Although corner cases can be found in new releases, the versions are getting more and more stable (thanks to Devs!) and even if something appears the Dev team is always available.
I personally leave some time before I move to the new release because I use Fabrik on production complex sites and every corner case can be significant.
As @troester suggested good to have a look at the changelog to see what was fixed and what is pending and decide accordingly.

What is the problem with "**You can download the current install package here. Then install via Joomla! Installer."?

I received this after the upload was completed and the installation started. Not sure what it is because there is no words in the box :(

The upload was completed at 100%, and then the installation started. Within 3 seconds i received the page you see below

upload_2023-11-15_11-53-38.png

here is another attempt:

So..
1. I uploaded the package to /homeXXX/user/public_html/mysite/tmp
2. I hit check & Install
3. I see the message below but when I check the version of Fabrik still says Epsilon

upload_2023-11-15_12-19-40.png

do I need to point at the file like this /homeXXX/user/public_html/mysite/tmp/pkg_fabrik_4.0Zeta.zip THEN click "Check&Install" ??

Thanks, Indrit

Check if really all the fabrik files show the ald version. I had the experience that the bigger files (especially the libraries) sometimes can take two or three attempts to install.
To install a single packages, unzip the downloaded package and pick the one that you need. Install it via file upload or via directory.

any help with this. Im stuck and cannot upgrade to 4.0Zeta

here is how my /homeXXX/user/public_html/mysite/tmp/ looks like. See attachment

i am in need of instructions. Please!

Attachments

• 40zeta.GIF
    40zeta.GIF
    49.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi there
Here's a way that I had to use once or twice:

- Delete the install.... things from your temp directory
- Download the F4Zeta
- Unzip it
- Create a directory F4zeta in your tmp folder
- Upload all the individual zip files for the Fabrik parts (there are many) into this directory via an FTP client
- Go to Joomla -> Installation and point the ...from directory to the F4zeta folder

Kindly,
Lorenz

I finally was able to upgrade to the Zeta version.

What do I do with the folder F4Zeta I created in my tmp folder? Should I delete all?

Thanks, Indrit

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back