How to safe some entries in another list/group apart from the form's list/group?

Is it possible to automatically safe some entries also in another list?

• perhaps downloading a plugin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • inserting a code

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marozen

If you safe a form the data will be safed in the list that belongs to that from.

Is it possible to automatically safe some entries also in another list?

What I try to do now is to design a workflow and each step is entered in a fabrik form. And I want to make it impossible to select a records from other users, but still be able to connect the records from those 2 different steps. I do that by returning entries together (concatenation) (batch). And than compare if that value is equal as the value from the other step. If yes then there is the connection between those workflow steps. This works; however, in some workflows there are steps skipped, so then how the program knows from which step to look for a match? I try to do that by saving all batches from all steps in a separate table with the record-id, and also the step-id. Then this new table of all batches can check the step-id from each matched batch, so then the system knows from which table to select and also the record-id will be given in that new table.

So if it's possible to safe the id, batch, and step-id automatically in a second table automatically I guess it will work.

Attachments

• batch.png
    batch.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 65
Sorry, I really can't understand what you are trying to do.

But in principle, yes, it's possible to update other tables, using either a PHP form plugin, or the upsert plugin.

-- hugh

It sounded complicated, but what I succeed now because of the upsert plugin is that I can search in that table if there is any batch1 equal as batch2: So in step7 of a workflow I can SELECT 'foreign_key' FROM 'mis_batches' WHERE 'batch1' = 'batch2'. As followed I need to SELECT 'foreign_table'.

As result in step7 I have the FK and the table_name (for example step3). And with those 2 values I can make another query to make really the connection between the record from Step7 to the record in Step3. And the upsert was used because how could the system know from which table/step he needs to look for a match? So what this does is to let the program know which record follows after which record in steps and in this case even when steps are skipped. By the way, the batch is a unique code generated from all values filled in the steps and the end-batch of a step is equal as the start-batch of the record in the next step.

Attachments

• codes.png
    codes.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 79
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back