importing issues

prophoto

I get this message when attempting an import. I wanted to test the import funtion, so I did an export to csv first. I then imported that csv but keep getting this message and just about every field requires me to setup the element type. Help?

New headings found
The CSV data structure you chose to import does not fully match with that of 'Guide'.
For any of the CSV columns you wish to add to the list 'Guide' please click 'yes' under the 'Create a new element' column.
For all fields please indicate their element type and whether they are a primary key

What did you set as "Heading format" (should be Element short names) and CSV file format in list settings?
Did you choose the appropriate settings (File format, Field and Text delimiter) in import settings?

I got past that message by removing the quote from the text delimiter box. Now no data is being imported....says 0 records added 0 records updated.

Can you post the csv file you are trying to import? Genrally this is a mis-match between the list's csv export/import settings and the csv headings, but to help you I'd need to see that csv file

thanks for the info, I think its to do with trying to re-import back in the json string for the logo element, I'll try to set up a test case here to see if i can replicate the issue
For me though it say its unable to import due to a malformed date 'Greg' (lol) - so I think its getting confused about which column is which - your comment about the quote marks lends some weight to that hypothesis.

I don't see a 'date' record with Greg in it hahaha. I see date_time created and date_time_edited but both fields seem valid. Should I be removing the id column, leaving it blank, what?

I tried emptying the image field and importing, still getting the same message.

0 CSV records added and 0 records updated

have you tried importing and exporting whilst ensuring that the raw data is exported?

In list's CSV settings set "Include raw data"=Yes, "Include data" = no

I just tested export/import because of problems with listcsv plugin and it's working without any problem (adding records if override=no or id column omitted, overriding if override=yes + id given in records).

What are your csv export settings?
How is the generated CSV file looking like?

Ok I turned that on, then from the backend I exported a csv. I then imported that csv (without editing) and removed the text delimiter. Message I received was 0/0 records imported. You can see for yourself by testing this on list #2 of my site.

I don't have access to "your site".
Can you post a screenshot of your csv settings and the first two or three lines of your csv file (opened with something like notepad++)?

I had similar import issues, I ended up emptying all records in the db, and had to mess with the csv and settings to get everything to import in correctly.. it was a pain.. I an not looking forward to doing this again to move data from the dev site to production. I will probably just use sql and move all the tables for my lists, over that way..

I've started looking - the issue is with the fileupload element, and the fact it exports json data which is being quoted differently to how it needs to be, however I've run out of time for tonight - I'll continue looking tomorrow mornining.
@leeburstronghm - I'd never recommend moving entire projects via csv import/export - using phpmyadmin to export / import via mySQL is a much better / quicker solution.

Ok I think I've covered most of the use cases now, we'd not really considered several things with the csv import/export - specifically related to things like multiple file uploads, or dbjoin / cascading elements rendered as multiple select lists/ checkboxes.
The last commit related to these changes is this one https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/5cf4ac6079eb0603c5c8e89cd6ff6dcd6a02f566 although all of todays changes are based around working on this issue.
If you could update and test that would be great.
-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back