Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'user' at row 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prophoto

Getting above error when editing and saving a record. User field stores the UserID, its set to display username. Update on edit is set to No.

Replicatable, but only if the element is editable + no user selected.
You can fix it by adding
PHP:
//Force the "Please select" value to integer; user element extends dbjoin which has '' as default value
$d->options[0]->value = (int)$d->options[0]->value;
in ...plugins\fabrik_element\user\layouts\fabrik-element-user-form-dropdownlist.php

Where should I be adding it? What line?

<?php

defined('JPATH_BASE') or die;

use Joomla\CMS\HTML\HTMLHelper;

$d = $displayData;

echo HTMLHelper::_('select.genericlist', $d->options, $d->name, $d->attributes, 'value', 'text', $d->default, $d->id);

I may not have given you all the info. This is only an issue when the field is HIDDEN. Should we be updating the code in fabrik-element-user-form.php instead?

Output:
<input type="hidden" name="ccb_fabrik_pilots___user[]" value="" id="ccb_fabrik_pilots___user">

This is only an issue when the field is HIDDEN.
I can't replicate.
If the field is hidden it's inserting the logged-in user's id (resp. userid 0 for guests) without issue.

Which exact Fabrik, Joomla, php version are you running?
Which version of user and databasejoin plugin?

The code goes after $d=$displaData;

I tried your code after $d= but didn't work.

Database Type mysql
Database Version 5.7.38-log
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
Database Connection Collation utf8mb4_general_ci
Database Connection Encryption None
Database Server Supports Connection Encryption Yes
PHP Version 8.1.13
Web Server Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS) OpenSSL/1.0.2k-fips mod_fcgid/2.3.9
WebServer to PHP Interface fpm-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 4.2.7 Stable [ Uaminifu ] 31-January-2023 15:00 GMT

Damn missed that. No repeat groups, nothing special. Just a user field to filter user who created the record in a list. f4.0beta4b.

Works fine at new, throws error at save since value is empty.

Ok, is this an updated F3 site with existing data?
And you are trying to edit a record which already was existing in F3?

Can you have a look directly in your DB (e.g. with phpMyAdmin) what is stored in the user column?

Can you try
Code:
$d = $displayData;
if (!isset($d->value) || empty($d->value) ) $d->value = 0;
in plugins\fabrik_element\user\layouts\fabrik-element-user-form.php

Last edited:
New records are unaffected by this bug. Checked the db, your code is changing the db value from my=>id (say, 877) to zero (0) upon edit/save. Error is gone, bug still not fixed. We took one more step, value is no longer empty in the field but now its being replaced with 0.

I can't replicate with my F4 site.
What are your exact user element settings (including Access settings)?

No Access settings changed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 5.24.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 5.24.49 PM.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 5.24.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-11 at 5.24.44 PM.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 61
Is the element in a group created by a list join?
What are the exact steps to replicate?

I'm having a very similar problem. This is a J3/f3 site that I recently upgraded. With one table (at least), I Store row failed: INSERT INTO `members`...Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'id' at row 1 ;

The id column is hidden. I don't have this problem with another table, so I checked to see if there was any difference in boats.id vs members.id but the columns are identically configured in the db. Been playing, but I can't seem to find anything that explains why it happens with one table but not the other.

Mysql version is 5.7.39-42. Fabrik version is gamma. I also see this error sometimes:
Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$members___id_raw in /home/customer/www/mydyc.ca/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/fileupload.php on line 1940

Last edited:
Okay, I think it wasn't set to auto increment (pretty sure it was set to do so before upgrading) and the problems I had after switching were with other fields. So, I think all is well. thanks for the help trouser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back