Increase Size of Field (height)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terp

Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Where would we look (I thought I looked everywhere) to change the actual height of the forms? I am playing with a new form and want to use big, fat, stupid Web 4.0 type of text fields and button! ;)

If it's big, fat and stupid you want ... you came to the right place. :)

Try your template.css file, in ./views/form/tmp/whatever (where whatever is your template name).

-- hugh

Hugh Messenger said:
If it's big, fat and stupid you want ... you came to the right place. :)

Try your template.css file, in ./views/form/tmp/whatever (where whatever is your template name).

-- hugh

Thanks, Hugh.

I swear I was in there a dozen times, but didn't see any field settings with a size, so assumed they were hard-coded somewhere in the form or elements. :)

I looked at .fabrikForm, but saw no parameters already set and also thought it could be .inputbox, but again, no settings...so assumed the CSS just controlled the spacing and text size, link colors, et al. :)

Ironically, I it seems I am the big, fat, stupid web 4.0 one tonight!

You should be able to add whatever attributes you want to any of those classes.

If you don't already use it, FireBug is very useful for playing around with CSS styling. You can just point at what you want to change, and modify the class definition on the fly to test out different attributes and styling. When you have it looking the way you want, then just edit the template.css appropriately. Saves a lot of time editing and saving the css file and reloading the page.

BTW, I'm not ignoring your 2.0 related posts ... well, I kind of am, LOL! I leave that stuff to Rob, I'm not yet really doing much active work on 2.0. I'll join in the 2.0 fun when it reaches Beta.

-- hugh

Hugh Messenger said:
BTW, I'm not ignoring your 2.0 related posts ... well, I kind of am, LOL! I leave that stuff to Rob, I'm not yet really doing much active work on 2.0. I'll join in the 2.0 fun when it reaches Beta.

I understand. I never look for a response over there...just trying to find things for Rob to do over there when bored, so I install it, play around with every bell and whistle, and post some issues I find...never really see you over in that forum, so assumed you were staying out of the line of fire while Rob does the heavy lifting. :)

Also, yea, I just recently started to play with Firebug...wow, almost feel like I am cheating. I especially like the color matcher thing-a-ma-jing to get the html color codes. In the past, you can only imagine how I used to attempt to match the colors of stuff in my logo and menus and backgrounds and the like...open up Fireworks, change the number, save, export, look at it, go back in, make it a little darker, wash, rise, repeat. ;) A whole new world opened up for me!

I did not, however, know you can make CSS changes on the fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll take a break from Fab 2.0 today and play around with that. Thanks!

FireBug rules.

Another very useful FireFox extensions is Web Developer, which gives you all kinds of neat buttons and widgets.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back