Language issues

Hi
The tip text is run through Joomla's translation feature so you can use Joomla's language override feature to translate the text for you. Here's is an outline of the process:

Edit your element which has the tip text you wish to translate
Copy its tip text and replace it with a language constant string. E.g. if your tip text was 'This is my tip text', replace that with 'FABRIK_TIP_THIS_IS_MY_TIP_TEXT'
Save the element
Go to Extensions->language
Select overrides
Press new
In the "language constant" field enter 'FABRIK_TIP_THIS_IS_MY_TIP_TEXT' (without the quotes)
Then in the enter the translation in "Text"
Finally select the language and press save
Create a new language override for each language you wish to translate.

Btw in the latest code on github this method can also be used for the element labels.

Okay - thank you! (The labels are easier to translate with Fabrik itself) :)

And regarding the {lang} in the list prefilter. Am I right, that it's not working frontend - or is it just an error on my site?

The language field is Land(raw) containing en_GB or da_DK

filter.png

Is working on my site.
How do you switch the language?
Enable Fabrik Debug (in Options) and append &fabrikdebug=1 to your URL (or ?fabrikdebug=1 if it's the first URL parameter).

It's doing a
WHERE ( dkbb_psych.country = 'da-DK' )
(see table:mergeJoinedData get ids)
So it's looking like Falang is setting da-DK instead of da_DK (as Joomla is doing)

Okay - so the only solution would be to use Joomlas language system instead i guess. Thanks for the effort!

Out of interest:
the language override is working in the frontend?

Prefilter: you could use an "eval" prefilter, fetching the language and replacing - with _ if necessary.

So far it works fine. I have only translated the main menu for now :)

And thanks for the tip. Will see how far my skills can take me...

I have only translated the main menu for now
With Falang I assume?
I would suggest to test if the Joomla language override is working with Falang running, I don't know if it's possible to combine these two if Falang is setting da-DK and Joomla (+ Fabrik) are checking for da_DK.

An other translation extention is Josetta (working directly with the Joomla multilanguage stuff). I've used both (and Joomla only) - it's complicated any way;)

Yes - with Falang. I just tried to publish the Joomla language switcher, but nothing shows up. So I guess they can't be combined.

Hmm. Don't ask me why this works, but it does:

I found this prefilter eval in the forum:
$lang =& JFactory::getLanguage();
return $lang->getTag();

And then I changed the language values in my country table from xx_XX to xx-XX. :D

$lang =& JFactory::getLanguage();
return $lang->getTag();
This should do the same as {lang}.
Yes, if it's returning xx-XX and you change your country table to xx-XX this prefilter (and your original one) will do - in the frontend.
Is it still working in the backend?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back