Leaderboard Form Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
The template for the details view, is the next dropdown, down from the one you have open in the screen shot, labelled 'Details view'

could you double check the admin login you filled in in http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites - I'm unable to log in now

Rob,

OK. I missed that Details View. Sorry. I'm using Labels Above.

Please try to login again. I reset the password to match what I listed in your PM you mentioned.

Thanks,
Anna

Troester,

Yes I'm using the Labels Above template. However, the image isn't showing up on that list. It shows on the magnifying icon layout but not here.

I'll give that a try.

#details_3 label[for=gromsterz___skater_image_[B]ro[/B]] {display:none} What does the "ro" stand for?

Thanks,
Anna

I have really tried to get this to work but I guess I don't know enough to make it do so. I seem to have lost all the data for the Member Bio page.

If you click on the search bar on the home page you will go to the Grom Manager List. When I click on a name in this list, I need to have a layout similar to the one below. The default details layout gives me most of the info. I just need to know how to make it look sort of like the image below.

I have tried to use the "Labels Above" with the suggested custom_css.php file I made and I don't get the right info. I kept trying to use different templates to get a similar layout as below. I just can't seem to get it. I have a feeling it's just a little thing I'm not seeing.

Below is what I am trying to do. Maybe this image will help. The red text shows the database element ID's. However, the one by the badge points "This would be a calc..." isn't in the database but will be a calc on the layout/template if I can get it to look something like this.

Player-Bio.jpg

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anna

Sorry for the lapse in my subscription. I just renewed it. Do you send out renewal email reminders? If not I'll continue to monitor my subscription.

Thanks,
Anna

I seem to have lost all the data for the Member Bio page.
All the member bio elements were unpublished - I've republished them for you

I've made a start on a custom details template for you here com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/gromsterz_details. Hopefully it should give you an idea of how to create custom layouts. There's probably somethings missing, e.g. the calc for the badges, for that you should add a calc element to work out your points logic.

Basically in the template's default.php you have:

PHP:
$this->element = $data['gromsterz___select_badges'];

Which sets the current element,
Then
PHP:
$this->element->label = 'Some text';
As the labels you want for the details view don't correspond to the form labels (so we replace those with our custom text)

Finally...
PHP:
echo $this->loadTemplate('element');
Renders the default_element.php file. This file is a template for each element, using the data from $this->element

Rob,

Thanks so much. I'll take a look at the custom file and finish it out. How do I assign the file to the Leaderboard? Thanks,
Anna

Its already assigned to the details view, so you need to edit the list to either show the details view link (the magnifying glass) or alter the access controls so users cant edit the record, in which case the standard link takes them through to the details view

OK. I customized the Member Bio and it looks pretty good. I do want the badges to be horizontal instead of vertical. I tried to add the following to the detail file:

#listform_$c td.gromsterz___trick_badges li {float:left}
#listform_$c td.gromsterz___trick_badges li {float:left}

I use these in the Leader Board for all and it works well, but it doesn't work here at all.

Ho would I make the badges show horizontally and limit the number per horizontal row to 5?

Thanks,
Anna

the member bio details page, doesn't use <td>'s to build it, hence your css selector will not match anything:

CSS:
#listform_$c  .gromsterz___trick_badges_ro li {
  display: inline-block;
}

Here is what I have posted in the file for each element:

$this->element = $data['gromsterz___trick_badges'];
$this->element->label = 'Trick Badges: ';
#listform_$c .gromsterz___trick_badges_ro li {display: inline-block;}
echo $this->loadTemplate('element');

The badges are still showing vertical - not horizontal in line.

Thanks,
Anna

I created a custom_css.php file for this and placed it in the folder where the details template is and still not showing as horizontal.

/**
* Fabrik List Template: Div Custom CSS Example
* @package Joomla
* @subpackage Fabrik
* @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 Fabrik. All rights reserved.
* @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL, see LICENSE.php
*/

header('Content-type: text/css');
$c = $_REQUEST['c'];
echo "
/*************
Record style
*/
#listform_$c div.fabrik_row {
#border:1px solid;
#width:200px;
#height:400px;
#overflow:hidden;
#padding:10px;
#margin:10px;
}
#listform_$c .divlabel {font-weight:bold}

/*Hide 'select' checkbox*/
#listform_$c .fabrikList li.fabrik_select{
#display:none;
}
/*************
Filter style
*/
#listform_$c .fabrikFilterContainer li.fabrik_row {
#float:left;
}

#listform_$c .gromsterz___trick_badges_ro li {
}

";?>

Thanks,
Anna

my bad, try this in your custom_css.php file:

CSS:
#gromsterz___trick_badges_ro li {
}
the _ro is just to say that its read only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back