Leaderboard Form Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

annasweb

I have a leaderboard which is the result of a Fabrik Form. I created 2 list both draw off the same database. I want to be able to click on a members name listed on the leader board and go to their list/bio page. Currently if I click on a members name I go to a brief summary of them like the leaderboard, but can't alter/edit anything.

How would I make the members name clickable to the 2nd list which would only show their data?

Thanks,
Anna

Are you saying you want to go to a second list, and filter it by some element which represents that user?

-- hugh

Yes. I want to be able to click on the skater's name in the "leaderboard" (first list) which has all skaters - each on a specific row. Once I click on the skater's name I want the second list to show which shows all the skater's accomplishments. There isn't enough row space on the Leaderboard to show all the badges and accomplishments so I want the skater to be able to see what he has earned by going to the second list.

I also need to know if I can limit the number of badges that show on list 1 to 5 and have list 2 show all of them.

Would this be possible?

Thanks,
Anna

Ah, OK, so the second list is a copy of the first.

OK, you should be able to create a custom link, either on one of the elements (so, say, make their "name" element a clickable link, under List Settings for the element) or by setting the main list's custom link (under the Links section ont he List settings) to ...

Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=X&yourtable___user={yourtable___user}

So the first chunk is just the normal URL for the second list, you can make it the SEF'ed link if you want, or just replace X with the numeric ID for the second list.

The important part is the yourtable___user={yourtable___user}, which will filter it. Replace yourtable___user with whatever the element is that has the user id in it.

-- hugh

OK. I tried the link in both places and I the following:

member_bio.jpg

This is almost what i want. What i'm looking for is the info on one of these members to show up only - not everyone. If I click on Justin Meeker, I want just his information to show as it does here and no one elses. How would I make that happen?

Thanks,
Anna

. What i'm looking for is the info on one of these members to show up only - not everyone
So if I understand you don't want to filter the list view, but show the details and or form view?

Fabrik does this pretty much automatically for you, providing the user has access to view/edit the details record (this is set up in the list->access tab)
In the screen shot you provided thats the magnifying glass icon that links to the details view.

I'm not sure if you are just using the div template in your screen shot or a custom template, but with a custom template the edit/view details links are properties in each row:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/creating-a-custom-list-template/

If you then need to alter the layout of the details view you can create custom template for it :
http://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/form-and-details-templates/

Rob,

I took a look at the links you provided. I'm no PHP expert and I am having some trouble understanding the information. I understand the copying but don't know enough code to know how to change it to what I want. I am using the div template. I have not created any custom templates so the screen shot was the div template. Basically I'm trying to get the same view as the screen shot but have each member listed separately. So if I click on my name in the leaderboard, I want it to take me to my info / bio page. I know that is the same info that isin the details view. So, you are saying that I should alter the details template and could be view there one by i? I dont see any magnifying template in the drop downs.

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anna

Rob,

Since what I want is the magnifying glass icon layout, I tried to find it in the views folder but was unsuccessful. Where would I find that layout? I don't like the way the div details view looks and would like it to look more like the magnifying glass icon view. I don't want members to be able to edit anything - just view the data layout as the magnifying glass icon view is only by one member (the name clicked on). If you can tell me where to find the magnifying glass icon view I might be able to change the div details view to look like that one.

Thanks,
Anna

Sorry I'm a bit confused about exactly what is is you are asking.

Since what I want is the magnifying glass icon layout
Not sure what you mean here - there's no magnifying glass icon layout, are you asking where the image is stored and how to override it? If so then that information can be found here:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/image-overrides/

Or are you asking about the list layout itself (the div template)?

I don't like the way the div details view looks and would like it to look more like the magnifying glass icon view
Ok how much CSS, HTML, do you know? What specifically do you need changing? Just trying to gauge the level of reply I need to make

Cheers
Rob

I know html pretty good. CSS I would say from a scale of 1 - 10 I'm about a 5.

I expected to see a magnifying glass icon template folder in the views section. If there was one I could duplicate it and change it accordingly to see if I could get what I needed.

Maybe this will help.
I have the form details showing the way I want as a leaderboard - all members listed with total points listed - each member has a row to himself. If I use the div template with the default details I get the same info but in the format of the form. The format that is visible for each member on the magnifying glass icon view is what I would like the default details to look like. So, I'm trying to change the default div details template to look like the layout of an individual member on the magnifying glass icon page/layout.​
I'm sorry for the confusion, but maybe it's best done another way that I just can't figure out yet.

Anna

Just some clarification - I want the look of the members info where multiple members are listed. If you click on the magnifying glass you get the default details layout same as the div template - I don't want this look. How can I click on a members name from the leaderboard and then only see the image I see for that member on the magnifying glass layout?

Thanks,
Anna

Sorry to say but I'm still/even more confused! :(

Can you post more screen shots of the pages you are referring to and the way you want things to look, I really have the feeling we are talking at complete cross purposes.
Have you read the wiki related to templating and the links I gave you?

As far as I got this:

You have a list with your members
You want to click on one entry
You want to see the details

This would be exactly the details view.
You can create a custom template which will show the details exactly in the way of this div template. If you are choosing labels-above as details template (in form settings) you should be quite near to this look.
You can add custom CSS to labels-above or create your own custom template (starting with a copy of e.g. labels-above)

I am truly sorry for any confusion. I will make images of what I want and what I don't want and post them.

Thanks,
Anna

I hope these images take away the confusion.

Image 1 is the result of a form - it looks pretty good.

Image 2 is what I see when I click on a member's name from image 1 (any member's name gives me this same image)

Image 3 is the default details page.

Image 4 is what I want the details page to look like.

Thanks,
Anna
image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpg

Ok, this is a details view.

Assuming the user has no "edit record" access to your list:
- edit member element, keep "Link to details" = yes but delete the custom url
- edit image element, set "Show media in form"
- edit your form, select "labels-above" as details template, set "Member Bio" as form label

Then add some custom css to labels-above template to hide Image and Member label (best is to post a link to your form).

I made the changes and it's still not correct. Maybe I created a monster of some sort but here is the info to the form.

go to http://gromsquads.com/index.php/grom-manager

In order to get there you need to go to gromsquads.com and click on the member login at the top right of the page then you will see some additions to the menu - click on the suitcase and type in the following:

user = spyderboards
pw = testing123

Here you will see the form that creates the listing.

I will check out all the elements and lists to make sure I haven't crossed something.

Thanks,
Anna

This is a form to input data.

Do you have a link to the list of your screenshot?
Which has elements called "Image", "Member", "Badges"... (not "Upload Image", "Add member"...)
Did you select the details template of the form belonging to the "screenshot" list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back