List is not generated when adding new form

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuschel_lux

Hi all,

just installed a brand new Joomla 4.2.6 instance running only with few plugins: Fabrik and Yootheme template.
Install of Fabrik without problems.

When I create a new form, the form is generated with:
- groups
- elements (id, date_time)
but no list.

In the DB I can see that the table is also crated, but in the form settings "form processing -> table name" the table name is not stored. Asso elements are not prefixed with the table name.

An other strange thing in this context, when adding a menu item pointing to the corresponding form, I get the error message:
- Sorry, but you are not authorised to edit this record
- You don't have permission to access this. Please contact a website administrator if this is incorrect.

Joomla: 4.2.6 (fresh install)
Fabrik: 4.0 beta 4b (fresh install)
PHP: 8.2.1

In general: To get a list you should start with creating the list, not the form.

But yes, "table name is not stored" is replicatable...
(All other issues are coming from this one).

I have taken a concept to always start with creating a list even if at first it seems I may only need a form. And I have been thankful to myself for that many times.

One positive thing is that you will always have the matching list and form id. Makes things a lot easier if you have a lot of custom code.

And if you don't need the entered data in the datebase you always can disable it (form ->formprocessing-> record in database=no)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back