List view status button

Duke3D

OK, next challenge (though I am not past either the radiobutton calc or the undefined calc issues)

The plan is to use a List view to calculate the average score submitted in child records linked to an application as parent record. On display, we want to have the ability to set a status for each applicant record of admitted or rejected. The UX would be identical to setting Published/Unpublished or the Include In List Green check/Red-X in the administrator.

Q1 - Is Inline Edit the only plugin that can do a database Post via Ajax from a List view? Is there another practical way to accomplish these Ajax button-click record updates?

If Inline Edit is the tool to use, the wiki for the inline edit plugin says it will not work with a join and the display as described, above, is clearly a join. We have some processing time between when the scoring ends and the decision making process begins. Is there a method in Fabrik to loop through all applicant records and update calculations without having to put every one of them on the screen? If so, we could fire that process to get the average scores computed and written to the applicant table. Once the math is done, remove the join / change the calc element to a field element and still have the calculated result in the field and add/publish the Inline Edit.

Q2 - Is there a way in Fabrik to loop through records and refresh calculations without opening each one?

Q3 - Does this approach make sense or is there another way to display a table of records with names, other data, average scores and an Accept/Reject button that will update the database?

Thanks for ideas!

Is it intentionally that you are posting in community forum?

To change the status in list view:
have a look at the updatecol list plugin
There's a similar thread
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/best-way-to-create-boolean-switch-like-joomla.41662/

Calc in list view:
If your calc element is set to "only calc on save"=no (the default) the calculation is done on list load, but only for display, no records are updated.
If you need to have the result stored in the DB you can use "Post eval" (if you are using the updatecol plugin).

Community Forum? - Because I am a long term community member, though I was away for awhile.

Thanks for that link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - will go explore it. Looks like exactly what I am seeking.

No issues with doing the Calc on Load (other than performance overhead). But to get around the join limitation, if there is one, I can see using Post eval in one List to commit the math, close, then open another List that displays and uses that data without triggering the join bug, so good suggestion! And if joins are not an issue, a complete solution in one List and Post Eval to make the data persistent and exportable - Excellent!

The Community forum is, well, "community" support, i.e. staff don't usually respond. You have paid for a subscription, so you'd be better off posting in Standard, where we do guarantee a response from staff.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back