Make correlatives in repeating group

madpato

Hello

I need to find a way to setup a correlative number for 3 repeating groups on a same form, in a way that the number cannot be repeated and has to be in order.
I have now just a field element but i have experienced cases where users input numbers in the wrong order causing problems when the values are analyzed later.
See here for a test where you can check the actual form
How can i make this happen? Regards.

But to clarify your question ...

Do you need three pre-set numbers, set on form load, or can it be three numbers assigned during the form submission process?

Assigning numbers on form load is difficult, as it involves maintaining a separate table with your assigned numbers in it, so you can track what numbers have been assigned. For instance if two people open the same form as the same time, you can't rely on numbers which have been used in your main table. You have to use a separate table, which is only used for assigning your sequence numbering from. This involves a fair amount of custom coding.

Can there be gaps in the sequencing? For istance if someone loads a form, gets assigned three numbers, but then never subits the form ... ?

-- hugh

Now access has been granted.

About your questions:

Do you need three pre-set numbers, set on form load, or can it be three numbers assigned during the form submission process?

They have to be on form submission (by your explanation i assume this is the easiest). And the idea is there must be no gaps in the sequencing (since this generates a report and if its not sequential, the report fails), and it always has to begin on 1 (unless you are editing a record with data). . Also the records are edited by only one person at a time so its almost not possible that 2 people edit the same form at the same time.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back